1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Rex Tillerson was right.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Charlie should know that the 25th amendment was idiocy in the first place, because it ignored the fact that all Cabinet members by definition are handpicked appointees of the president.

In cases where aberrant conduct of the potus creates a question of his fitness to serve, it was absurd to think a cabinet majority would ever vote for his removal.

Plus the 25th sets up a situation where the cabinet (at least in theory) could declare, "the president is unfit," and then the potus would say, "oh no I'm not," whereupon essentially he would immediately return to power.

In the case of a dispute between a cabinet majority and the potus himself on his removal, the removal would have to be approved by both houses of congress by margins equivalent to being impeached.

The 25th would work ok if the president was comatose, fully incapacitated, or voluntarily agrees to give up power, otherwise it's a waste of time.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  4. Neutral Corner

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The 25th is only practical in cases where POTUS is literally incapable of communicating any objections. (Comatose, etc.) In those situations, Cabinet theoretically freed from fear of retaliation. No POTUS who is insane but capable of understanding what’s going on will consent. Because he’s insane.

6. Neutral Corner

7. Neutral Corner

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hey, look! He stole Cruella Devos’ fancy stole!

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

that's some catch, that Catch-22

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In my head I just combined two Ramones songs:

Gabba gabba gabba as he soils himself
    I wanna be sedated

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah except for all of the POTUS bootlickers/sycophants in the administration and in the media screeching "you have betrayed your dear leader" to any cabinet members who supported removal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.