1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Steamrolling fucking cultists fuckheads in November. Like depopulating the abattoir.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Wax Museum Centaurs will be playing a big gig as soon as the country opens up. Or at least they should. Great potential band name.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

When Jeff Flake retired she ran for his seat but lost to Kyrsten Sinema, a Democrat. Shortly thereafter the governor needed to appoint someone to replace John McCain and chose McSally. People were really pissed off that she lost the election handily but still ended up in the senate.

I don't know that specifically Trumpists hate McSally, though they don't seem terribly enamored with her. Non-Trumpists hate McSally and there's a sizable number in Arizona.

garrow likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Cephahyde? WTF?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

Fuck all these fucks.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

And her, too.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I posted this on my FB today...

I got into a discussion today about voter fraud and mail-in ballots.

The Republican side seems not to want mail-in ballots because of the possibility of voter fraud. Yet, the only recent case of voter fraud that resulted in an election being voided and having to be redone was when a republican congressman in North Carolina benefitted from the actions of an operative who had been convicted of similar offenses before.

Just recently, the republican legislature in Wisconsin fought the Governor to either postpone or do mail-in balloting for the presidential primary. They were willing to risk people's lives with Covid-19 as opposed to finding a solution that didn't put people at risk. It was so safe to convene in person that the Republican dominated Supreme Court voted by video for fear of their own safety. And the leader in the state house showed up to be a poll worker in FULL PPE, which certainly could have been better used in hospitals than voting places.

So far, it's been reported that up to as many as 40 voters who were forced to vote in person have contracted the virus. Did they all get it from that day? We may never know, but logic tells us that's a good place to start.

In Southern states, a number have enacted strict voter ID laws. But at the same point, they have also shut down many places where people could get proper ID. And it is not a coincidence that the places that were shut down served areas that allegedly vote more democratic.

The Republican party is one that preaches its Christian and moral values. Yet, these actions don't follow either the Christianity or morals I was taught growing up in the South.

It's time to call it what it is. Republican leadership is not operating under a win fair elections mantra, but a win by any means necessary mantra.

I'm not saying individual republican voters all believe this way. Certainly, they don't. But our elections MUST be about giving everyone the right and opportunity to vote and then let the votes count. It cannot be about voter suppression or any other means of rigging the outcome.

If you can't or don't support means to make our elections and our voting process as fair and as inclusive as possible, then you clearly value winning more than fairness. And I hope you remember that when the tables turn.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, Kelli Ward is an absolute crazy person.

A reporter I worked with was texting back and forth with her while working on a story. He asked her to explain her comment that Obamacare was "every bit as bad as slavery." She demanded he tell her where he heard such a ridiculous, false quote attributed to her. He responded that it was in her previous text to him -- she had texted him that Obamacare was "every bit as bad as slavery" literally two minutes earlier. She then stopped responding.

She can't get elected to anything these days so she's head of the state GOP. My posts earlier about Republicans not liking McSally? McSally still beat Ward in the primary.

Edit to add: One other bit of Ward history -- when McCain announced he had cancer Ward started publicly lobbying for McCain to step down and for the governor to appoint her senator because McCain was going to die soon anyway.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I think Trump's learned his lesson:

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.