1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Faux Fascist Noise would have openly called for his overthrow, imprisonment and summary execution. Full Stop.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Workers should consider wildcat strikes. The Governor is inviting violence against herself and if it happens, too fucking bad. "Work or die?" "OK, how 'bout you die?"

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'd hate to miss this opportunity to point out the only person I've ever known who actually ate a Tide Pod was my super conservative "Hannity has it all figured out" father in law.

He thought it was candy. The nice lady at the reservation place for the condo he was staying in kindly lied to him by saying he wasn't the first person who'd accidentally eaten one of their Tide Pods, that it happened all the time.

He had Covid-19 already, not hospital worthy but certainly nasty, so, fortunately, he's not on board with any of those conspiracy theories, though he blames the governor for the lack of testing, not Trump. (Also, fortunately, he's fully recovered, and as soon as this is all lifted will be able to resume being a fantastic grandpa to our daughter.)

6. Michael_ Gee

This is an outstanding story!

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Tara Reade stuff? Fine, believe what you want. Dems are being hypocritical when they "believe all women" when it's convenient - not so much when it isn't. I don't see much difference between this case and the Kavanaugh situation. Impossible for either man to disprove it - and in cases such as these what you are waiting for is to hear other similar encounters. In neither the Kavanaugh or Biden cases did this happen. Vote for Biden, don't vote for him. I don't care.

8. Michael_ Gee

One big difference -- so far. Kavanaugh's accuser testified under oath. Biden's has yet to do so. Doesn't mean she's not telling the truth, but it's an important credibility marker.

tapintoamerica and Smallpotatoes like this.
  9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

We were driving when he casually mentioned it. I almost wrecked the car.

I think I bit a hole in my lower lip trying to keep my trap shut until we had dropped him off!

Had to play it cool, "Oh, yeah... they really should change that packaging. I bet it happens all the time."

Tweener and Neutral Corner like this.
  10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The whole reason these states are reopening. People won't be able to claim aid or benefits because the response will be -- you can work, you're choosing not to.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mrs. W and I went on a walk around our town on Sunday when it was a little drizzly. By the time we had gotten by the TJs, it was a full on rain and the line was only two people long. They required masks (we had brought a couple) and we shopped like we were going on a trip with the Howells. We cornered the market on soup dumplings. The only bad part was that I had to run home a mile in a downpour to get the car while Mrs. W checked out. Let’s just say Nike isn’t going to be signing me anytime soon.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hahahahhaah. Wildcat strikes? What year are you living in?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.