1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Did you D_B yourself in the matter of minutes?

Anyway, IIRC from one Ken Burns documentary or the other...back in the days of the Great Depression, entire families would relocate to where jobs and a better life were located. I believe (I could be wrong, mind you) that those migrants were considered brave and were lauded for their grit. Why can't history repeat itself? If you live in a red state pack up and get the fuck out!

Spartan Squad likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I agree. But I also think this stuff is incredibly tough to confirm - which is unfair to the accused. Now if e-mails or other docs surface from back in the day that Biden's camp was actually concerned about this in the weeks after it happened? I'd be more inclined to give more weight to the accusations.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Did you ever see Grapes of Wrath? That's totally not what happened. "Okies" was an epithet in California until the '60s.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

People have been migrating from the Rust Belt to the South for years.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Yeah I was being a bit blue (orange?) font-y but still, those people did move to find a better life. Americans today are soft.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There is a case to be made that George Carrier was the most influential American of the 20th century. He's sure in the top 10.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You don't see wildcat strikes often in the "right to work" South. Blue flu or teacher's strike would be the exceptions. I can't think of many in this part of the country.

8. Neutral Corner

LOL. Probably. I usually kill the frame when I post one, and this one was still up. I'm like "I thought I posted that. Oh well."

TigerVols likes this.
  9. goalmouth

There were swamp coolers before there were air conditioners.

10. goalmouth

Hey @BigRagu

11. Neutral Corner

Got to love a good muckraking Capitol reporter. Josh got run off of the Montgomery paper's political beat because he was a little too good at his job and made some powerful people annoyed.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Does a president deserve reelection when his deliberate inaction led to a U.S. death toll the equivalent of the Vietnam War in just eight weeks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.