1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Bama gets two-thirds of its students from out of state. (One reason why Saban’s seemingly massive contract may be a good deal.) Got to think those kids from Jersey with no ties may transfer or not show until this calms down.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Yellow Menace

4. tapintoamerica

Don’t need the oath of office. It’s ceremonial only. Constitution says new POTUS takes over at noon on 1/20.

2muchcoffeeman and garrow like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

LOLOLOLOL

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

@Chef2 better be careful.

7. tapintoamerica

When he says he doesn’t believe in polls that show him trailing, he may be telling the truth here. Look at 2016. He also knows polling is irrelevant in states that his klan controls at Secretary of State and county election board levels. They make the rules and they count the votes.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That would be fun. I'm just having the occasional moment of doubt that we can ever get back to something resembling normal and I wouldn't put any ridiculous act past President Trump.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I’m envisioning this sone in November 2020:

“we all love to see the Yellow Menace Leave,
    the Yellow Menace leave,
    The yellow Menace leave
    .....”

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This.

Hillary was on her way to a landslide win but we misread the polls. Not to mention polls before the conventions are no indicator of anything especially if we somehow reopen enough by October to get people (safely) back to work and the economy rebounds.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I understand that. I'm too lazy to go look at the most recent financials, but last time I looked the UA System had a billion dollars (with a B) in construction bonds it had to make payments on in addition to the normal debits in the budget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.