1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

That was next-level trolling, @3_Octave_Fart.

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I'm not trolling. I don't do that anymore.
    There is a limit to how much idiocy people are willing to accept, and that includes the GOP.
    These people are losing money, the polling numbers are very bad and they can put up a better fight with a less toxic candidate.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

If there are copies of the police report and complaints that Reade filed in 1993, how did they not turn up in 2008, when Obama picked Biden as his running mate?

Since Obama was trying to be the first black president, wouldn't his people have left no stone unturned while vetting potential running mates?

And if they missed it, how did the Republicans, who threw all sorts of shit against the wall with Obama, miss it?

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

They'd lose all 50 states with a less toxic candidate. Seriously.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

As much as I'd like to see the GOP do the right thing, not gonna hold my breath.

What is happening in Michigan and what we saw today is a chilling peek into our future. They are not the majority, but we are conditioned to mind, to be nice, and to not hurt feelings. I'm not saying we need to go all in, but we need to do more than mutter about decency the way Jeb! Bush did in 2016.

The last time I checked, no one died from being called a jerk.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

This is 8:30, but you have to watch it. It’s fabulous on so many fronts.

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Who knew you could find kindred souls who share your common interests in the loftiest reaches of higher education? Maybe Cambridge can compare notes with Penn State...

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Posting this again. FATUS's America.

Not in my fucking country.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nominate Romney. :)

Fred siegle likes this.
  11. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

"Biden writes letter to secretary of the Senate seeking assistance in determining whether Tara Reade filed a sexual harassment complaint in 1993: “I would ask that the public release include not only a complaint if one exists” but also any other documents related to allegation."

If someone finds such a complaint then Biden has a problem. If Reade is being coy and has a copy of the complaint that she releases now that Biden has gone on a morning show and denies knowing anything then Biden is in trouble. But if no paperwork is found this matter goes away.

If one is going to file a complaint you would think that they made damn sure to keep a copy of the said complaint for their records. Reade loses credibility if no paperwork is found.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

ETA until Trump rips Graham to get him to change his tune?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.