1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

WSJ, otherwise known as Rupert Murdoch's "respectable" propaganda fire hydrant.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Believe the claim.

Investigate the claim.

Tara Reade cancels planned interview with Fox News Sunday

The woman who accused former Vice President Joe Biden of sexual assault reportedly canceled a planned interview with Fox News Sunday.

Tara Reade, a former Biden staffer who accused the presidential candidate of sexually assaulting her in 1993, reportedly canceled a tentative interview with Fox News anchor Chris Wallace, which was scheduled to be recorded on Friday and aired on Sunday.

"We never confirmed the interview or the New York Times story, and we don’t provide details on the booking process," a Fox News representative told Edward-Isaac Dovere, a staff writer at the Atlantic.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Without judging the truth of her accusation, this woman does not seem to have a settled recollection of the events. Has she retained an attorney? For her sake, I hope so.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

So it stays he said she said. Women back then often did not report harassment or rape, true. She filed a report and didn't mention it, also true.

5. Neutral Corner

Oh, I'm certain she does not lack for offers of representation.

6. Michael_ Gee

As I understand it (could be wrong), there's as yet no evidence of a report. Wasn't that what Biden asked the Secretary of the Senate about yesterday?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Honestly, what we have now shouldn't be enough to derail Biden, certainly not given President Trump's history. I just wonder what else will come out. We already have a woman saying Biden made inappropriate comments about her breasts when she was only 14.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. Neutral Corner

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Trumpers and Bernie fringers will continue to throw all shit they can. The only way they have a chance to win is to make the other person look somehow worse than Trump. The shit-throwing worked with Hillary, but she was already disliked after 25 years of Fox News crap. Biden is not disliked that way, so the climb in much steeper and the attacks will be more crazy and vile.

It's going to be a long six months. I'm guessing Hunter Biden will be front and center again soon.

11. Michael_ Gee

That's her latest version of events. Biden has said he wants to see a complaint if there is one. I was skeptical Reade's story, no matter its veracity, could build up a head of steam given the plague and depression that're going around, but she seems an unsteady engine to drive it.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.