1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

What's the Russian word for defenestrate?

2. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

It’s a fair question. She has expressed that she was embarrassed about the actual assault, for whatever reason, and was afraid to make that accusation. I don’t understand that or some other things she’s said, but I’m not an expert.

I do know multiple sexual assault survivors who took years to share their story and who made decisions that I didn’t necessarily understand. My brother, who’s 43, went public last year about how he had been abused by a family friend more than 30 years ago. My dad had heard the story but no one else had. My brother said he was ashamed and wondered for a long time if he had done something wrong.

I still don’t understand what it’s like to be a victim of that stuff, though to me the variations in Reade’s story feel consistent with those close to me who’ve gone through it. There are a lot of ignorant opinions on this thread from some who don’t know shit about sexually assault or the courage it takes to finally come forward.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If those blacks didn’t want to be slaves, they should have had better weapons.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When they was slaves, they sang like birds.

6. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

Yeah, the timing feels suspect. For sure. Only thing I can think is that if her allegation were true, maybe she couldn’t summon the courage to go public until it became apparent that he’d likely be the next president.

I mean, Blasey Ford came forward only when Kavanaugh was a step away from the SC.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

if we did very little testing we wouldn't have the most cases so in a way by doing all of this testing we make ourselves look bad

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Please. Did you see her response when asked if she’d like to take back her comment that coronavirus would never come here?

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, if he's going to be treated worse than Lincoln, I guess it follows, right?

Driftwood likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Kavanaugh was a career hack who was suddenly nominated for the highest court in the land, the first time he'd really been in the public eye.

Biden ran for Senator, VP twice, and president twice before she came forward. How convenient.

Apples and oranges.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

защитить себя

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.