1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

https://www-latimes-com.cdn.ampproj...timony-credibility-memory-20180928-story.html

Maybe experts will talk about Reade like this. Maybe they won't.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

OK, from the Muh-Muh-My Corona thread, several posters are saying this:

Not true ... people who vote for the Green Party, Libertarian Party, etc., are NOT happy with the two-party system and the electoral college, which is what gave us such an incompetent and corrupt president.

For those of us who live in roughly 40 of the 50 states, you can already give the electoral votes to Trump or Biden. Nothing, absolutely nothing, will change those results under the current system.

I've voted in every presidential election since 1992, and have yet to vote for a Democrat or Republican presidential candidate. Maybe that's throwing away my vote in your opinion, but in the long haul, the positions of the third party candidates and the (hopeful) demise of a two-party system is worth it.

Tweener and Liut like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I respect your consistency, but you are dead wrong. If you want even your single vote (there's no such thing, the means by which a single person can multiply their influence within the system are many and varied) to mean jack shit, your only practical course of action is to get involved with one of the two parties and try to sway it in your direction. Shit, even Bernie knows that.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

One more take on this: Yes, of course it would be better for the U.S. if Trump is removed from office. He should have been convicted and removed from office earlier this year. I hope he loses his bid for re-election. But in the deep-red state where I live (Idaho), my vote is meaningless whether I cast it for Biden or the Green Party. That's true for the majority of Americans, and that needs to change.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No vote is meaningless. Nor is any individual. You could start showing up to party committee meetings, either party. You could work for/donate to a local race where any amount of time and money has disproportionate influence. In short, involvement. I mean, you root for sports teams, dontcha? Do you think that commitment is meaningless just because your team usually loses, as most do?

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The idiot and the superego

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.