1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

New rule.

Nobody can use the Applebee's example without first supplying evidence that SOMEONE actually complained about not being able to go there.

This shit just makes people look like sheep.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Most of them know what they’re airing is crazy. Helps to remember that the guy who owns it is crazy.

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In light of the coronavirus outbreak at the White House, I demand a total and complete shutdown until our nation's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.

HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have a serious question: Is OANN as much a fuckin joke as Air America Radio Network was, or on the same plane?

I must confess I always had a soft nougaty center for Janeane Garofalo, so I have heard some Air America in my time.

And we all seem to have a very old aunt who believes "Plandemic".

These are Random Thoughts before I head out in the snow flurries (!) to scoop up dog shit.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is one hell of an introductory paragraph.

"I have been smack in the middle of so many political sex scandals that it embarrasses me to enumerate them. In addition to the 2016 campaign replete with Donald Trump bragging about assaulting women and trying to bully Hillary Clinton as being her husband’s “mean enabler,” Monica Lewinsky was my intern in the Clinton White House. I was part of John Edwards’s presidential campaign and helped him and his wife, Elizabeth, deal with the public and private fallout from his extramarital affair. Finally, in what I have decided is nothing more than a troubling coincidence, Tara Reade was an intern in a congressional office where I worked just after I graduated from college."

Confronting the Complex Discomfort of Tara Reade’s Joe Biden Allegation

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I think it’s the latter. The “whackadoodles” I know could not pull off something like OAN. It’s a cynical play. Sucker is born every minute.

7. Neutral Corner

And Trump is ready to jump in and take it over. If he'd lost he was thinking about starting one. This one he can boost the signal on until he's out of office, then buy in.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This I really don't understand. Are traders banking on more government bailouts of big industry? That when the Trumpests start the revolution all businesses will be reopened and everyone will be mandated to get a haircut? That more jobs will be open for white people when all of the poor minorities die from this? Are people shorting stocks so they can make ungodly sums when Yankee Nationals (whatever he's calling himself now) Fan starts to buy the dips?

The economy is shit. Supply chains are breaking down (and not because of the SIP). Unemployment is creeping to depression levels. Early restarts mean we can bank on the fact we're going to have a second wave of this. At first I thought the stock market was doing well because they knew once we reopened, the pent up demand would bring business back. I don't think that's going to be the case any more.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Obama
    Attacks
    Nation

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner