1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Lunchtime at home with Kellyanne and George Conway after he eviscerates Trump’s morning-dump tweets is going to be LIT.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Just someone I respected at one time.

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Is it me, or is it insane that this has been going on - and getting worse - for close to a week and the President has yet to address the nation? The closest parallel I can think of is the 1992 riots in L.A., in which the not-guilty verdicts were handed down on April 29 (a date I always remember thanks to Sublime) and the riots began. George H.W. Bush was on TV two days later addressing the nation.

Good lord, this guy couldn't lead a Boy Scout troop, much less a divided nation.

5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I've read his stuff through your posts here. From what I've seen, he's not deserving of it. Like this latest one, he's using the classic "Just Asking Questions" technique, a.k.a. JAQing off. Somebody like that will never be convinced there is a real systemic racial problem with the police in this country, no matter what stats you find and give him. He'll just move the goalposts somewhere else next.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Usually when that happens, they're firing the head coach. We can only hope.

Twirling Time likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

An actual president would address the nation. But he will only make things worse, as he did with his bungled Oval address on COVID.

This idiot is heard from 24/7. The break is nice.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

They'd bring their playbook. If they had one.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Maybe Chubs is heading to Walter Reed again.

10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

In the absence of an actual address, his tweets must be regarded as his address to the nation.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is what Trump wants. He wants Democratic cities to look like they are losing control to the scary minorities. He wants Red America to believe Democrats can't stop this and all along they were right. He wants people to come crying to him for help.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

A pandemic is raging, tens of millions are out of work, and cities are burning across America.

If only there was a developer-conman-mob money launderer-gameshow host-serial bankruptor-multiply accused pedo rapist-Nazi loving racist to lead us to a better place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.