1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

So, a week of escalating hate-based attacks following the election and Trump has to be prodded on 60 Minutes for a "Stop it" as his first comment. Those included physical attacks, graffiti with racial epithets, violence. No comment for a week.

Buuuuuuuut, poor little Mikey gets booed in public and Fucko is right on Twitter. Oh, the pearls, the pearls.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Just in case anyone missed the "rude" message.
    I tried to get tickets last night, failed. Holy shit I wish I'd been there.

[​IMG]

gingerbread and Neutral Corner like this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

That's pretty uppity.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Most thin skinned administration in history and it hasn't even taken office yet.

Ace likes this.
  5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Difference between Obama and Trump administrations: Obama disavowed the radical language of Rev Wright et al. Trump is not only accepting radical, hate-filled thought; he is filling his inner circle with it.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Like calling Stalin a people person

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because more members of his party were in favor of gay marriage than members of the Republican Party.

In 2009 half of Democrats were against gay marriage. In 2016, after seven years of court cases, and a couple of years of gays getting married without the country being destroyed by fire and brimstone, two-thirds of Republicans are still against it. Maybe it'll be 2023 before a prominent Republican can finally be greeted with cheers because their party is neutral on gay marriage. They'll only be 14 years behind the times, which for them would be an improvement.

Changing Attitudes on Gay Marriage

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Obama "disavowed" the guy whose church he attended for twenty years, who baptized his kids, and whose sermon he took as the inspiration for his book title, only after he originally defended him, and then abandoned him when he could no longer stand by him for political purposes.

Do people really not remember the 2008 campaign?

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trumps version of unite is 'rejoice in my grandeur or be punished'

10. YankeeFan

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My, how rude.

Jesus, Trump really is going to fire nukes if a foreign leader is mean to him.

12. YankeeFan

That's exactly what he wants them to think!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.