1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

"Many, many people have asked about the relationship I have with my beautiful daughter, Ivanka. I stand before you to tell you world..."

2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

stain, I am curious to see your modelling for Florida.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And it isn't like Trump has a track record of keeping promises, whether marital, business or political. Or paying debts.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

More like he's setting the groundwork for even more maskless appearances before the election.

Which will be another huge mistake because he'll still be shedding the virus for weeks after he's well.

5. Twirling Time

I hope the Krgyzstani Dolley Madison saved all the paintings.

Pilot likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

He may or may not be thinking that way -- he's an idiot.

But if you don't vote for him, the Democrats want a boondoggle several trillion dollars higher than what him and the Republicans want.

In essence, the Democrats Santa Claus act is way more generous for way more people.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

What a moron.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/09/30/monoclonal-antibodies-to-treat-covid-19/

"In two-story-high stainless steel vats, a drug is brewing in trillions of hamster ovary cells. Many experts think this could be the best bet to defang the novel coronavirus and transform it from a potentially lethal infection into a treatable illness.

Current treatments for the coronavirus aim to help the sickest patients survive. But this drug, called a monoclonal antibody cocktail, aims to keep people out of the hospital altogether. The experimental shot of lab-generated antibodies imitates the body’s own disease-fighting force. The goal is to boost a person’s immune defense, instead of waiting for human biology to muster its own response — and possibly lose to the virus." Etc. Opening graphs.

OscarMadison and gingerbread like this.
  9. Twirling Time

The names change, but the swing states keep swinging. That'll happen as long as Midwesterners from Ohio and Indiana keep migrating to the Sun Belt.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

No, but I can see them coming out to vote against Trump. That's basically what I'm doing, the same thing I'd be doing if it was Kamala, Pete, Elizabeth. If it were Bernie I'd be in a hard place but I'd probably hold my nose and vote for even him.

OscarMadison and Fred siegle like this.
  11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

It's possible that Trump actually does know he's going to lose, and is going to do as much damage as he can between now and the first of the year.

OscarMadison, maumann and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Twirling Time

Arkansas can be a weird political state sometimes, and used to be notorious for ticket splitting. Somebody told me in 1968, they voted for George Wallace, Winthrop Rockefeller (as cloth-coat R as they came) and Bill Fulbright (a fairly prog D for his time).

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.