1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Not every statement has to be viewed through the Trump lens. He's going to lose. I'm not voting for him. If Biden's biggest merit is that he's not Trump, that's only the beginning of a presidency. That gets us right back to where most Americans were in 2015 and 2016: Unhappy.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yes, but that's the reality. We don't know what Biden will do and that is scary. We do know what Trump will do and that is scarier.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
    garrow, tapintoamerica and TowelWaver like this.
  3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Because you, apparently, were unhappy in 2015-16 doesn't make it true for the rest of the country. Or me.

bumpy mcgee likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We know Trump is a racist, sexist person who handled the coronavirus pandemic poorly.

Half the shit he threatened to do, he never did, half the shit he said did do, he didn't. And at least some of the shit he's been accused of doing, he's not smart or cunning or focused enough to have done.

One of the worst things about Trump - not the worst thing, but up there - is that he was like a coronavirus that kicked up an almost toxic immune system response from some in the government and the media. The pandemic alone will deliver Biden the win, because the three years before that were a plague-on-both-houses kind of experience. Biden's a decent guy and he knows his way around DC. It'll help. I'm still not sure the man has any particular vision for America outside of infrastructure.

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

In 2015 and 2016, "most" Americans were unhappy because the President wore a tan suit, eats fancy lettuce, and wears a helmet when he rides a bike. Oh also: The unemployment numbers were fake, and the President was "literally" shredding the Constitution by his executive orders.

I'd say if we can get back to that point, we're in good shape.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not sure that's entirely accurate. "Most" Americans?

Hillary got 3 million more votes, if that's the phenomenon you're trying to describe.

Some Americans were unhappy, certainly. And continue to be.

And Trump continues to dominate news coverage because he's, you know, the president of the United States.

Patchen and Woody Long like this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good God. I wasn't that unhappy. (I don't even think happiness is that crucial a metric anyway.) I wrote "most Americans." If you wanna disagree with that, if you think your happiness was reflective of the nation, go ahead.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So the Dems' entire confirmation strategy is to suffocate the room with ACA speeches.

I have to assume this strategy is to drive the narrative for the next few weeks to flip the Senate.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I don't think that many Hillary voters were unusually happy themselves. Bernie The Grouch nearly won the nomination.

And, of course, you had millions of people who hated both candidates.

It's comical that we're litigating this.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is literally nothing short of her revealing she was a secret Democrat all along that will stop them from voting her through.

Kavanaugh produced an alibi calendar that proved the date he committed rape and promised to wreak judicial revenge on his accusers and was voted through.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

We're not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.