1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I can't tell noise from not-noise anymore.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

If she stood a chance at winning, I would imagine the ads tomorrow would be the rise of covid and people dying with Mitch's laugh. Hell, would the Lincoln Project still do it for other Senate races?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fuck these fuckers. Typical Republicans — they think mere laws don’t apply to them.

4. Spartan Squad

Start drafting treason charges against these guys

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is what terrifies them.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You are correct. Nothing. In the video, the tweet is misleading at best. The video does not really give you context as to what she's talking about.
    But when you withhold requested info that suggests you have already made up your mind on the topic of abortion, you open yourself up to questions that you're actively hiding something.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I might just post all Pete all the time from here until Nov. 3, because he reminds me what it's like to have decent and thought-provoking replies, especially when he appears on FOX.
    Please FOX, have him on every day.
    Here he is talking about third trimester abortion (trigger @Alma!).

bigpern23 and Songbird like this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Again, doesn't matter. The GOP would have to cheat enough to score millions of votes to come close in California. They're a non-factor.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, in introducing Trump at the MAIA Rally (Make America Infected Again), said this: "We have a media who really thinks highly of themselves. They think they're the guardians of democracy ... they think they're searching for truth"

Well, fuck yeah ... pretty sure it's in the job description you fucking asshole.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

McConnell's toothless chuckle was way creepy in the debate video.

Like when Palpatine suddenly starts laughing his ass off while battling Mace Windu.

bigpern23 likes this.
  11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He’s laughing because he already knows he’s going to win, so fuck everyone.

I would love to be wrong.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

It didn't matter in terms of outcome, but it does matter because of the bullshit narrative from the president that there's wide spread voter fraud. This feeds into it because the GOP are claiming they are innocently ballot harvesting and the Democrats won't let them. And not letting them means they can't ensure the ballots aren't being tampered with and therefor means the Democrats are taking away Republican votes. Trump can then use that to call into question California's election and the rest of the country's election in the event of his loss. This matters a ton.

My old paper ran a story where voters were claiming people might have tampered with their mail ballots because there was the tiniest of bends on a piece of the envelope. There's a cutout to allow for a barcode to be scanned and that part was slightly bent on a couple of ballots that cried voter fraud to the paper. This doesn't happen if Trump and the GOP aren't running around claiming Democrats are trying to steal votes from the mail.

Don't dismiss this because Trump is supposed to lose California. Orange County voted for Democrats in the House in 2018. This could certainly fuck with that. Also any state measures that can be called into question. This matters.

bigpern23, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.