1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But the numbers ARE the numbers.

15 of the previous 19 justices have been nominated/confirmed by GOP presidents.

Yet the court has not been a reliable 7-2 GOP court over the past half-century, as those percentages would suggest. There can be only two explanations.

1. GOP judges get more liberal over time.
    2. GOP judges do not vote with the party's ideology as reliably as Democratic judges do.

I'm all ears for a third explanation.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I worked with the late Amy Spindler when she first moved to NYC from Indiana, and she happily described herself as Holly Golightly.

Miss her.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Mickey Rooney played a horrible character ... an abysmal caricature of a Japanese guy, complete with the accent, teeth and mannerism. Even by 1960 standards it was awful and embarrassing. Ruined an otherwise hip movie.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

“Trick or treat, MAGAts. Where's my Noble?”

[​IMG]

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

And as I recall, I think we both kinda liked it

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Well that's one thing we got

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Too skinny.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

President doesn’t confirm a nominee.

There have been several Justices who defied the apparent GOP ideology yes, Stevens, Souter, Powell, Kennedy, and some Liberals served extremely long, BUT trying to point to prior GOP nominees with the current (say last 4) situation is no apples to oranges. Barrett is absolutely different than those prior GOP nominees and it’s not even close. The GOP of the 80’s and 90’s is the party of Biden right now.

heyabbott and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

one explanation is on the gay marriage thing, most everyone came around on that around the same time. Like a lightbulb went off for everyone. Oh yeah! Of course people should have the right to marry another human, consenting, adult. I don't think it makes them more liberal just more aware.
    (I don't know how the black guy voted but he should have been a leader on that.)

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But...but...he brought us peace in the Middle East! o_O

garrow likes this.
  12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"The mayor was merely expressing his anger about the coronavirus, unlike Joe Biden who has embraced it by irresponsibly holding rallies in the middle of a pandemic."
    --Kayleigh McEnany

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.