1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hopefully the coroner.

heyabbott and Mngwa like this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Gotta add four to cancel out the six.

3. swingline

I stopped drinking, but I’ll raise a glass of Aberlour if Biden actually pulls this off. I don’t think your Brady Commons is the same as mine, though.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

matt_garth likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Worked in Arizona in the mid-2000s. Liked the McCain I saw there. The one on the campaign trail? It seemed like every time he spoke, Karl Rove's lips were moving. Adios Straight Talk Express, hello GOP line. One of the biggest reasons I voted for Obama.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Anybody who votes for a libertarian/teabagger/Trumpfuck for a local bureaucratic office needs to have their goddamn head examined.

These fuckers do not believe government has any positive purpose. They do not think government works, they do not think it can work, they do not think it should work, they do everything they possibly can to make sure it does not work. Because when government works, they look like idiots.

Move to Somalia for your fucking tax-free government-free paradise.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    Inky_Wretch and Mngwa like this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

ED3E73C0-6F82-4791-A3E8-65D151C349E6.jpeg
    Think you mean Bob Jones, but damn it would be glorious if this Sam had a school.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There's a guy who's confident he's about to be re-elected. He's up this year and apparently so far ahead that nobody has bothered to poll the state this cycle.

Inky_Wretch and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

This Trump is a psycho.

[​IMG]

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  11. swingline

They’ll have to send me an “I Voted” sticker. Those decorate my one-hitter box.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I see the urge to put the balance in favor of the progressive judges, but as a compromise to not completely cause an insurrection, add two. That way the balance is restored to what it would have been if the GOP had any sense of fair play and waited until after Jan. 20, 2021 to deal with confirmation hearings. With RBG or a progressive justice the balance is 5-4. With ACB, it goes to 6-3. Shift it back to 6-5 to allow for the split that would have been there and to allow for Roberts or another justice to be a swing vote like we've always had. Roberts allowed the ACA to live and to give gays the right to marry. He's flipped on a couple other things.

Dems can play both sides of the fence here: They get the court packing, but they get to say they are just returning things to what was to protect everything else. It's that or impeach Beer Keg or ACB, which will be harder than court packing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.