1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

A6838535-6DDE-45F7-A8C6-0C3DA57E542A.jpeg

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Who was the planted spectator in the background at the Trump gig, nodding her head to everything he said?

lakefront likes this.
  3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

micropolitan guy likes this.
  4. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This is the rational approach. But, honestly, are any conservatives going to admire the Democrats' restraint? Is that going to sway undecided voters to the Democrats' side? No, it's not.

I have to admit, I'm coming around more and more to the approach mentioned by Elie Mystal upthread in which the Democrats pack six or seven justices onto the SCOTUS and spark an "arms race" of sorts, in which the GOP would retaliate by packing more on the next time they have the Senate and Presidency. I'm really not sure it's such a bad thing. Expand the court to 23, 35, 45 justices, whatever. An individual death or retirement becomes far less consequential and adding diversity of thought to the nation's most deliberative body seems like a good thing, no? I'm not really sure the downside of a larger SCOTUS aside from upsetting the status quo.

OscarMadison and champ_kind like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So that's his Black.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1. Dems pack the court.
    2. GOP screams "we need a constitutional amendment!!"
    3. Dems reply, "We sure do." (Propose amendment to nail the door shut behind them.)

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, so much for that meme.

garrow likes this.
  9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

His "smile" is a combination of a sneer and a gloat. You never see him genuinely smiling.

Fred siegle and gingerbread like this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Is all fair but to counter
    1) they aren't trying to assuage conservatives, I'm suggesting using the high road and letting the country--which is shifting further from who the Republicans are now--see them as relics breathing their last gasps before death
    2) this country is pretty pissed off with how we're being run. A shift toward acknowledging that will help.
    3) we honestly need another party, one more moderate and become a country with 3 or more
    4) winning independents isn't going to happen if Dems play by the GOP's rules either.
    5) the last 10 years really needs to stop somehow. This populist wave that got Trump elected was as because both sides were playing brinkmanship games. And I'm not saying Dems give in. I'm saying they stop throwing tantrums about fair play and just govern and let the people see the Republicans for the fools they are. Adapt to a changing electorate that wants universal healthcare, addressing climate change, promoting equality.

Basically, become the populist wave of Bernie Sanders with half the crazy. Good luck winning anything other than county races in 10 years if you cling to the way things have always been.

bigpern23 and maumann like this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

F**k Trump, I question whether

1. he was ever mentally qualified to be POTUS
    2. He was even born in US
    3. Whether he’s currently fit and
    4. Whether his initial election was even legitimate given his receipt of foreign aid and their aiding and abetting of him at his request.

There “just sayin”

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread continues.

gingerbread likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.