1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Seeing how some of you eat and it's now becoming clear why so many got boners over free election night pizza.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That makes about as much sense as Tariq Aziz wearing a Yankees cap.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't care if the waiter or waitress thinks I'm 6.

If I think X tastes better with Y than without it, I will eat or drink X with Y. Milk and chocolate being one of many examples of such.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

'Saving for well-done' is a time-honoured tradition dating back to cuisine's earliest days. What happens when the chef finds a tough, slightly skanky end-cut of sirloin that's been pushed repeatedly to the back of the pile? He can throw it out, but that's a total loss. He can feed it to the family, which is the same as throwing it out. Or he can 'save for well-done': serve it to some rube who prefers his meat or fish incinerated into a flavourless, leathery hunk of carbon.

Things to avoid when eating in restaurants

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've told this story before, but it always rings true.
    Wife and I stopped in at a hot dog shop up the street from Wrigley a few years ago. First time eating a Chicago-style hot dog, and there were about 20 condiment choices. It looked like a deli case. We were a bit overwhelmed. So I ask the guy what all is supposed to go on it.
    In a thick Mediterranean accent, he just says, "People say you get the tomatoes, you get the onions, you get the relish. Fuck that. Get whatever. The fuck. You like."

Personally, I've graduated to A-1 on steaks. Most higher-end places serve them with their own house-made steak sauce. But if you like ketchup on steak?
    Get whatever. The fuck. You like.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly, which is what led me to the Sneak Snobs of SJ.com comment.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I've found sprinkling some Worcestershire sauce and lemon pepper on pretty much any steak will give it flavor, and if you season it well enough before cooking you don't need to dunk it in bullshit.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

For those who have their steaks well done or put ketchup on it, do you bother buying a good piece of meat? Would seem like a waste of money.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump second President known to like his meat well-done to burnt. Ulysses S. Grant the other. Of course, given the state of food preservation and handling in Grant's day, there were probably a lot more people in the well-done camp for reasons of health, not taste.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.