1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm not going to re-litigate 2016 but people who voted for Trump or a third-party candidate, did it because they thought Hillary was a bitch, or worse.

ChrisLong likes this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. I simply want Trump out of office, then I want Trump, his family that worked in the administration and everyone else associated with his crimes prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Financial crimes, treasonous crimes and crimes against humanity. May those who didn't commit crimes or willingly break the law but were complicit in being associated with Trump and his administration never hold positions of any responsibility again. May the ones who will try to claim they never liked Trump or what he has done - and that will happen if he's voted out in two weeks - never be offered benefit of the doubt since they never bothered to do so based on their actions and points of view. They can be ignored in a manner similar to their callous behavior over most of the last four years.

And to anyone who feels that is too punitive or vengeful ... a precedent needs to be set and it needs to be made that no one is above the law and that anyone who tries to duplicate this behavior will be dealt with swiftly and severely. Trumpism and its cruelty isn't likely to just disappear - the way Trump has claimed the virus will do for the last seven months - but we can make abundantly clear that its criminal components will never be tolerated.

To those who disagree, too f_cking bad.

If that's considered a culture war, so be it.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I want Trump prosecuted for his crimes in the same way I want to wake up with super powers. It would be super cool but I’m not going to waste a lot of energy thinking about it because it won’t happen.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Sane isn't a requirement to write for the Federalist or to host a primetime opinion show on Fox News.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

One of the great "no, but actually, kinda, hell yeah" posts in this thread.

If Trump can be prosecuted, and it's a winnable case - not some showpony event for a political aspirant, by all means.

Crimes against humanity is interesting. Bush oversaw a war that killed many lives, including American ones.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Season 1 Herc and Carver.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It wouldn't provide the catharsis people might imagine it would. Impeachment didn't.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm no lawyer, but I've watched a lot of Law & Order.

If Rudy really did have Hunter Biden's laptop, isn't he and anyone who had it before him in possession of stolen property? Lock him up.

And if they really did turn it into the FBI, if I'm the FBI I march it right down to a Biden campaign center, turn it in and say, "give it back to Hunter." It's his personal property.

And they can't access its contents without a warrant. And to have a warrant, they must have reasonable proof that a crime has been committed, and a warrant signed by a judge. And any information previously and illegally obtained by Rudy, etc., from this laptop, without a warrant, is fruit of the poisoned tree and is not admissible.

Driftwood and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I also agree with you two. Her favorable rating took a nose dive both times she ran for election, and I'm positive some of that is because she's a woman, but I'm also sure some of it is because she's not a great candidate.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Happy the man, and happy he alone,
    He who can call today his own:
    He who, secure within, can say,
    Tomorrow do thy worst, for I have lived today.
    Be fair or foul or rain or shine
    The joys I have possessed, in spite of fate, are mine.
    Not Heaven itself upon the past has power,
    But what has been, has been, and I have had my hour.
    -John Dryden

have a nice day everybody

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, people actually voted for Trump, hard as that is to believe. We know this because he won a primary, too, despite nobody believing the man could win the general election against Clinton.

If GOP voters had been driven by animus for Clinton, they would have picked Rubio or Jeb, not the devil himself. They picked the devil to fight for them.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The mere fact that she's a ... wait for it ... woman turned people off. And there are stories verifying this after the fact.

Between this and the blatant racism we're seen during this adminstration, the mirror that has been put in front of us as a whole shows that we have an incredibly long way to go.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
    TowelWaver, Gutter and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.