1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I could never figure out why inmates in Shawshank Prison in Maine would be drinking Stroh's. But that's the brand they drink in the movie.

Cut my teeth on Utica Club. A solid, cheap beer, a step up from Genesee. And Stroh's, which came in handy 8-packs.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. We're undefeated when we side with the Russians. BTW, Catherine the Great twice refused King George's plea for assistance in fighting the Continental Army. They've been saving our butts since before we even were a country. :p

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ivanka's under the desk.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm a hipster now, according to Sandy Hook truthers.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You guys are killing my poolside lunch. FYI, I had the grilled fish sandwich.

IMG_3733.JPG

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

If someone I was with spent that much on a steak, I would kick his/her ass and laugh all the way out the door.

9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Only option as a broke college student.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Why cook the scallops in the same pan and use the sauce on them? They're going to taste like steak.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

If you lather yours in ketchup you mustn't have spent more than 6.99 on a steak.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Was it necessarily Stroh's? In the voice over, Red says, "And that's how it came to pass, that on the second to last day of the job, the convict crew that tarred the plate factory roof in the spring of '49, wound up sitting a row at 10 o'clock in the morning, drinking icy cold Bohemia style beer."

I know that Stroh's had a beer called "Stroh's Bohemian Style Beer," but I never thought he was talking about Stroh's. I just assumed the "Bohemia-style beer" in the movie was a generic "Bohemia style beer."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.