1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

*vigorous jerkoff motion*

Rasmussen over estimates in favor of Republicans. I trust it as much as as I trust your "good point" assessments.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Seems like just yesterday, or maybe 2016, when we were seeing the RCP average tighten with a week out and everyone pooh-poohed it as meaning nothing.

Trump's a closer. He's on message (such as it is) and he's generating funds and followers. Meanwhile, Biden's talking to parking lots.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

GODDAMMIT, WILL YOU JUST FUCKING IGNORE HIM?!

4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He's got one note like Trump.

Maybe work a few Sir stories into the act, conferring unearned respect.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  6. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I read "The Fifth Risk" by Michael Lewis over the weekend - it's a breezy 200 pages or so, although horribly depressing reading it now, two years after it came out. The whole book is basically about how Trump had zero interest in actually running or even minimally staffing federal agencies, even shit that's usually red meat for Republican interests like DOE and the USDA. One person Lewis interviewed described most federal agencies as dealing with bombs of various sizes, with fuses of varying length. Lewis focused on things like managing our nuclear stockpile and waste, and the attempted appointment of the CEO of AccuWeather to the NOAA, but there are passing references to how things like forest fires could be a major issue if not monitored properly.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just checked the 538 site. Biden's lead in poll average there is 9.2. Rasmussen poll is ONLY one to show a Trump lead this month.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I love this theory that Trump is suddenly Super Candidate because he didn't shit all over himself during the debate.

What's it like living your life in constant abject terror?

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Trump close or did Comey close in the final two weeks of 2016?

Biden has 5 points on Clinton at the same point in 2016. Clinton's peak in October was +7. She gakked away her lead all the way down to 1 in the lead up and settled at +3. Biden was up +10 a the same point and is down to +7 at the same point. *according to RCP*

I say all this understanding it all comes down to what the final voter turn out ends up being and who votes and how states break. But Biden is missing that truly devastating bit of news that Clinton had to fight back from and ultimately couldn't. I'm fully preparing myself to be horrified on or shortly after election night because, yes, Trump might get a boost from people who lied to pollsters. But with Covid spiking again, jobs in trouble, a lack of another stimulus package because Turtleman cares more about taking away rights than keeping people alive, Trump might actually be in trouble. Still, I'm making sure my passport is up to date.

10. Jerry-atric

Many would argue that the various controversies surrounding Hunter Biden are this year’s “Mr. Comey Letter.”

11. Jerry-atric

It is troublesome that two polls, in one day, indicate “movement” for “Drumpf.” Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.