1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

Great read. Told us what was going to happen with COVID. Two hundred pages on why he is unfit for office.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Feathers not ruffled. The statement was that the tide has turned and Trump is reversing poll numbers. He's not, save for a few outliers.

I'm not taking a damn thing for granted until next Tuesday, however, or probably later.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I do like the cave drive-in (The Villages style) bar.

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, I hope you are correct. I did not myself say that the tide has “turned,” but that is the “chatter” among some. “Time will tell” whether these two polls indicate a “trend.”

As they say: “Stay tuned.”

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

You have to take everything west of the Tennessee River and preferably west of Dickson. Heck, I'll throw in a case of Jack Daniels and some Goo Goo Clusters if you'll take everything west of Percy Warner Park.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that. Some very interesting information in there. As much of a jackass as Bill Mitchell is (he's certainly not missed on Twitter), the one thing he was absolutely right about in 2016 was that polling heavily undersampled Republicans in Trump's base, something that Wasserman points out here. I would think that was one of the major corrections when it comes to polling in 2020.

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and heyabbott like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Just a reminder a wise poster here once wrote, (and I continue to live by its injunction):

"Polls are for morons."

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

People are ruffled at the suggestion it means anything because it's a shit poll.

Since mid-February, Trump has led in exactly two polls, both produced by Rasmussen.

I'm not Nate Silver over here, but Rasmussen obviously does some different algebra with its raw data than the rest of the industry, and over time it's not proven very accurate. Maybe they hit on 2016, but they whiffed in 2018 and plenty of other times.

Buy into it if you want. Knock yourself out. But don't act all indignant when someone trots out a fucking Rasmussen poll and tells us "Trump is surging!!!!" and everyone shits on that idea. Maybe Trump is surging, but a Rasmussen poll is not going to be taken as evidence of that by besides trolls and Trump.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

This is my laughing face

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.