1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sigh. One more time . . .

The election is five days EARLIER this year. Early voting started Oct. 19 in Florida.

Last year it started Oct. 24 and not until Oct. 29(!) in some counties.

OF COURSE the voting totals on Oct. 28, 2020 are going to be higher than on Oct. 28, 2016 . . . because on that date in 2016 many Florida counties had not even started early voting!

TigerVols likes this.
  2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

This seems wise, especially as we get closer to the election. Unable to fall back on mail-in voting now, it seems prudent to vote as early as possible to avoid any pitfalls.

3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

My wife and I turned in our PA ballots last week. They were accepted Monday.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The GOP doesn't care about principles, only outcomes.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Alabama does not. Anyone who has not gotten a regular absentee ballot by now has until tomorrow at 4:30 to turn in paperwork at the courthouse and be issued one. If you mail it back in or had one mailed to you it must be in by closing on Nov. 2nd. The state did allow people concerned about Covid to vote by absentee ballot.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Miles Taylor is easier to pronounce.

7. bigpern23

Wife and I voted this afternoon. I accidentally started filling in the wrong bubble for President and had to get a new ballot. /facepalm.gif

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. bigpern23

Washington Post reporting that at least 71.5 million early votes had been cast already — more than half the TOTAL turnout in 2016.

garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Zip it, commie. He's (Biden) won Florida!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  11. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

We get our ballots by mail but there is a ballot drop box in the post office turnaround. Most people, myself included, drop it off there. And there were two postal employees at the drop box, making the process go even faster.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I prefer in-person voting, mostly because my location is the clubhouse at the neighborhood golf course.

BTExpress and maumann like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.