1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Watched my son fill out his first ballot last night; proud father

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

1968 Republican platform on health care:

"While believing no American should be denied adequate medical treatment, we will be diligent in protecting the traditional patient-doctor relationship and the integrity, of the medical practitioner."

In 2020, the Republican convention declined to ratify an issues-based platform and instead referenced to the 2016 platform and issued a general pledge of fealty to Trump. The 2016 Republican platform did not contain any similar statement or general goal for health care, but rather had a long list of regulations and rules the industry would like to see repealed.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching to Pete Souza documentary tonight. Jesus, do I miss a decent and caring person in the oval.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The only difference between trump and 90% of the Republican senators and congressman is makeup and hair

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And 150 pounds.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Is he again trying to pass off another woman as Melania?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Person
    Man
    Tears
    Eyes
    Sir

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is absolutely nothing in your post that counters what I've been posting. I'm sorry you don't understand that.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Worth a read regarding Nixon and health care. For a guy who made health care such a guiding star of his Senate career, between this and clinging to his seat when he was dying (instead stepping down and having the successor chosen in the 2008 general election, rather than a special election during the Obamacare debate (scott brown), Ted Kennedy really whiffed when he could have helped healthcare a lot.

Edward M. Kennedy: The Man Who Killed Health Care Reform

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I totally agree. That has to stop if we're going to get anything done. There has to be a middle ground. Let's see what Moscow Mitch says this time if Biden is elected. He had no intention of bipartisanship in 2008, 2012 or 2016.

qtlaw likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I don't idolize him at all. But he wasn't a moron, unlike #45.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Holy shit I know this guy.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.