1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Yeah, haha. Don Jr., who looked like he was going to cry yesterday, that's presidential timber!

Not exactly John Quincy Adams getting more polish as a statesman before making his own run, is it.

They are such fucking frauds. Howard Dean lets loose one harmless yawp and he can't see a stage again, and Don Jr somehow has a future in politics.

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He won’t run again because he won’t be medically capable of running again. Eventually even his children will be forced to recognize it.

And forget Junior. At some point his new theme song will be Glenn Frey’s “Smuggler’s Blues.”

gingerbread and Mngwa like this.
  3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It's not the exposure that would entice him to run again ...
    How Donald Trump Moved Millions From His Campaign Donors To His Private Business

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Strong

garrow, TowelWaver and Patchen like this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Pennsylvania accepts ballots three days after the election, and that gets challenged.
    Ohio accepts ballots 10 days after the election, but that's OK. Hmmmmmmm. I wonder what the difference might be.

HanSenSE and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Hell, they fought curbside voting in Houston, but I know for a fact curbside voting is available in other parts of the state ...

Driftwood likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Make America Decent Again

garrow, sgreenwell and Webster like this.
  11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Couple random thoughts based on the past couple pages...

- I consider myself left of center, and the "Trump is going to get arrested" or "Trump will insist on a pardon!" takes read to me like the stuff of fever dreams. I don't think the Democratic Party has the will or the votes to do that, and even if they did, Trump is seldom thinking -that- far ahead. Short of him doing the famous "shoot someone on Central Avenue" kind of crime in broad daylight, I don't think he's going down for anything in his lifetime, and I don't think he's even *worried* about that happening. I'm positive he's committed a slew of financial crimes, but the fucker is 74. He's not going to do jail time, he's going to just run out the clock, and the best we can probably hope for it tearing his House of Bullshit down to the studs once he's gone.

- Trump not providing buses for people to leave rallies reeks of the story in Michael Lewis' "The Fifth Risk," where he refused to do a transition team because he thought it would come from his campaign funds. Even when he learned it wouldn't, he still refused, because he's not into spending money. Remember that for all of Trump's outward displays of wealth, a ton of it is by using borrowed money. The motherfucker is cheap, when it comes to taste and to spending, even if it doesn't effect his personal bottom line. He'd rather put his brand on cheap shitty hats and t-shirts, and get a quick and cheap buck, than to make legitimate investments.

- When wondering about a Trump or Trump Jr. run in 2024, to me its more about whether the Republican Party can find a viable candidate that widens their base. Like, part of the rise of Trump is because he was running against similar shitty options in the primary (Cruz) and moderates who were somehow less exciting than Mitt Romney or cracked as the campaign went on (Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio). By the way, the Democrats might have a similar problem, although I think Harris is now the heir apparent. If the Biden-Harris ticket wins, it should essentially be a four-year test drive / build-up for her next presidential campaign. But if it's a lackluster four years, the knives are going to be out and she or he is going to get a significant primary challenger.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

It’s going to be a lackluster four years because Biden/Harris would have to clean up such a huge mess left behind by this guy. They won’t have time or political capital to do too much else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.