1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The gambling money is now on Trump. This thing is almost over.

I’m not going to get angry or sad. I’m just going to drop out. The phone contract is up in three days. I have a toddler to raise. I have a wife. I’m not of these times anymore.

Good luck everybody. Keep your heads up.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's a feeling that this is 2016 on repeat. We had expectations based on what we thought were reliable polls. It looks like Trump supporters didn't respond to polls or some people lied to make things closer. But thank you for the brake check. Feeling very anxious nonetheless.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the only thing you're missing is the last four years

if the money is good or if the other guy is mad, people are very willing to overlook a lot of things

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Fair points all. It does seem to mean the fight will go longer (and probably get ugly) but at this point I don’t by any means see it as lost.

The pollsters still have room to improve (to say the least).

5. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

Apparently not convincing enough. You don’t have to convince me.

6. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

It is for me. I despise Trump. Have voted Dem my entire life. I’m not the one you need to win

heyabbott likes this.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Fuck, he’s going to win isn’t he?

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Looks like Mark Kelly will win in Arizona.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I guess it really wasn’t that Hillary was such a disliked person, it’s that so many white Christians are loathesome twats

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

At this point everyone is still holding serve as far as the states go. Senate seats are an even swap.

He looks a lot more like winning than any of us thought.

I'm trying to resist the thoughts of court cases and ratfuckery. I suspect I'll be taking one of my wife's melatonin before I lie down.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I know I've seen us start this convo once, but, Jesus, this has to freaking destroy the industry that is poll analytics, right? I'm an avid 538 consumer, listen to and believe their reasoning behind their decisions, but man, it'll be hard to take them seriously in 2024, won't it?

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I wonder how many husband-and-wife teams have been elected to Congress, with the emphasis on elected since many spouses have succeeded their spouses as appointments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.