1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm scattered still and today has sucked: Biden still hasn't lost a state he HAD to win, right? He's lost some that would have been great to win, sure. Several of those. But he's flipping Arizona. PA, MI, WI and MN still in play, right? He gets those and he's good?

Or do I need to really start drinking?

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The cult of polling is by far more loathsome than the cult of Trump.

BTExpress likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The Florida thing is spooky, and the lack of "reach" wins for the Dems (Lindsey Graham) has a lot of folks on edge. But I honestly think this is a boxing match where Biden lost round one and the last two have been draws. I don't know what it is, but I've finally calmed down a bit after being in pretty high freak-out mode up until about 9 CT.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Arizona is a big one, let's see

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

That is correct. We won't have mail votes from Philly or Milwaukee until tomorrow morning and Detroit always counts late in Michigan.

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

So put down the sharp objects for now?

7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I had the same question. It may come down to mail-in ballots for some of those states.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ha, I get the Kelly brothers mixed up, but I'm somewhat absolved because their twins.

Though the identical triplets in my high school never liked me because I couldn't tell them apart so maybe my logic is faulty.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus fucking christ, I told you guys about your polls.
    [​IMG]

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Right now, Biden needs to hold on to Wisconsin and Michigan which were presumed pretty safe for him, then win either Pennsylvania (too early to tell but supposed to be good for him) or Arizona and NE-02 and ME-02 (Arizona looks pretty good). If he wins Arizona and splits the NE/ME weirdness, but loses PA, you get 269-269.

A tie probably favors Trump/Pence, but it's not impossible you could have a split and end up with Biden/Pence or Trump/Harris.

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I feel OK about Arizona being the first flip of the night. That + WI +MI + Omaha gets Biden to 270.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Depends. What were you planning on slicing? If it's a cheesecake, I think you still go ahead.

sgreenwell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.