1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Not much.

Milwaukee announced they think they're about 2.5 hours away from finishing their absentees, at which point they can report them all and that easily flips Wisconsin to blue.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

ive heard that, but no one argued with him....so I wondered

3. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

By the time the West Coast is final, Biden will win the popular vote by 5-6 million, at least. And not win. This has to change. One person, one vote. We are the United States.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I actually find Santorum to be a decent cable TV news foil in that his only role is to express the opposition opinion as in a 1 v 4 setting, but while his partisanship is obvious (as is the partisanship of others on his panel), he's not a slave to the GOP talking points and will defend the conservative position where he feels appropriate and will concede obviously lost GOP points where applicable.

I acknowledge that whatever my positive opinions of Santorum may be, they're due at least in part because he either doesn't or is incapable of presenting convincing arguments against my biases and is willing to make concessions.

On the other end of the spectrum, watching "Slayer" Pete Buttigieg destroy Fox News anchors and their viewership is an excellent counterpoint of how to be an effective "foil" for the opposition party on a partisan network.

gingerbread likes this.
  6. RickStain

Biden trails by 120k in Georgia, but there's about 400k votes left, almost all of them in Atlanta counties he win with 75 or 80% of the vote, and absentee/early that should favor him by even more.

I'm pretty sure he's got Georgia.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Biden up 53%-46% in Arizona with 71% in, per NBC affiliate in Phoenix. Mark Kelly up 54-46 in Senate race.

TowelWaver likes this.
  8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Been following the movements of the NYT needle. It dropped to effectively a coin flip, but is now back up to 64%.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

One place that I've heard almost nothing about definitively is Nevada. Tim Alberta said he had reason to believe Dems shouldn't take that for granted, but I haven't got much data one way or the other on that.

10. RickStain

There's a local dude named Ralston who always covers the early vote numbers carefully and has a pretty good grip on the state, and he's been saying it's a safe win for Biden.

11. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

"This guy here is DEAD."
    "Well vote him in, then."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.