1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Your crack about workers counting ballots taking time out to play Crossy Road hit a nerve. Journalists were threatened outside the Maricopa voting headquarters tonight and Trump has put out the call for his merry band of boogaloos to descend on the place Friday. I'm too tired to rewrite so I'm just going to post my own tweet here, because my mom is one of those people in Arizona doing the counting.

2. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

It's Thursday morning and I just saw a graphic that showed Alaska has counted about half its votes. WTF?

maumann likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is this a reverse psychology thing? I really wish people would stop posting things like this unless they have actual new information.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The sled dog ate the ballots.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

There is nothing “suspicious” about it.

Did you watch the news, my friend?

People all working very diligently to count ballots!

SFIND likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nevada reminds me of the old Mary Tyler Moore Show election night episode where a snowstorm knocked out their results feed and they kept reporting "Turner 85, Mitchell 23" all night.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Oh no! I hope your mom and her boyfriend are going to be okay.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Good morning! Sonny and Cher are still playing on the radio and I've woken up in Punxsutawney again. Doesn't appear that I missed much, other than the states that really matter are still really mattering.

Maybe I'll have another slice of pizza with my coffee.

Thanks for keeping me informed. I think I've got somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 pages to catch up on.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Honestly too much time and effort are paid to polls and what Silver does.

Plus, national polls are truly, literally meaningless.

maumann and Liut like this.
  11. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

What I took from this is how cool it is, and remarkable, that your 79-year-old mom has a 79-year-old boyfriend. Good for them! My dad is 83 and his girlfriend is 72. He thinks he's pulling something off. (He and my mom, who died three years ago, were born within 20 days of each other.) And extra cool that Mom and Beau are working the election. Anyone doing that this year, in any state and at any age, deserves to be recognized, and not by thuggery outside the precinct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.