1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I hate so much how we can turn out 70 million Democratic voters, win the presidency, hold onto the house solidly despite a wave election two years ago that won us a lot of tenuous seats, gain ground in the Senate, and not even two days later the infighting about how Democratic messaging is all wrong and we fucked up everything is already going on.

Meanwhile Republicans are going to lose the Presidency, continue to fail to hold the House, lose ground in the Senate, and they're all "fuck yeah, let's go even *harder* for QAnon next time, this is the good shit."

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You can't improve any government institution by defunding it. Rooting out the most pathological cops, changing hiring, training, an entire culture, that takes money, a lot of it. It was always a stupid slogan, because people deep down know that when funding gets cut or stopped for anything, that thing gets worse, not better.

Patchen likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Dems do need new leadership in Congress. Seriously. It's like fighting today's war with muskets.

Driftwood likes this.
  5. Patchen

Patchen Well-Known Member

Defund the police is a horrible way to approach it. Help the police do their job in a way that is better for your people and better for police. Republicans will attack no matter what, but "Defund" hands them an easy opening that confirms everything voters already think.

Dyno and TowelWaver like this.
  6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The counting is going way, way slower than I expected, but I haven't seen anything to make me change my mind from what was obvious two nights ago: Biden won all the uncalled states except for North Carolina.

Pennsylvania is doing a slow-moving version of Michigan, where everyone's going "oh no, Trump is winning! There's only 20% of the vote left to count! How can you be so sure that he didn't win it?" then it turns out the last 20% is all mail-in ballots from urban areas and Biden wins by 3 full points.

sgreenwell and TowelWaver like this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Add Jack Danforth to your list.

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I'm from Pelosi country and while I respect her greatly there needs to be new leadership for the Dem party, some sense of it at the very least, a new minority whip who's charismatic, smart, and a solid centrist.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

SHS's face looks like Toy Story 3's Mr. Potato Head using a tortilla as his body.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

My complaint is the DCCC put Robby Fucking Mook in charge of the campaign. NO MORE HIGH-LEVEL HILLARY STAFFERS EVER!

2muchcoffeeman, garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  11. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

No kidding. Might as well have brought back Mark Penn too.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.