1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Yup. And it should be noted that dozens of states are still counting. We're just paying attention to four because the outcome isn't in doubt elsewhere.

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. SoloFlyer

Meh, turnout is up everywhere. And you know Oregon has some crazies in the east. Wouldn't surprise me if people who voted third party in 2016 got pissed off at Democrats and voted for Trump instead.

3. SoloFlyer

Yeah, I'm not seeing that either.

I go off this - it gets the counts faster than the networks.

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Here is the most recent Georgia update. Should be about 10k ballots left, and they should continue to break for Biden at a very, very high rate. He's not *quite* going to get to the 10k I said 24 hours ago, but it should be between 5k and 8k.

Then comes provisionals and maybe a day's worth of military absentees that have until tommorrow's. Provisionals tend to skew blue in Georgia (and most places) because the general ratfucking of black voters.

There's going to be a recount, but his lead will be well outside of what a normal recount would be expected to flip.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

@RickStain, you’re awesome at this. Thanks to you and @SoloFlyer for the analysis for dummies like me who wouldn’t have any idea how this was breaking down. Cohn, Kornacki and Silver are great, but you guys are better at putting it into the right words for my weird brain.

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

MSNBC has Trump's lead in Georgia trimmed to 463.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Biden leads in Georgia by almost 1,000 (917)

8. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's going to a recount, but that was worth staying up for. (It helps not being on the East Coast.)

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Biden’s 4 million popular vote win is all California. Subtract California and they are running even in the popular vote.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

California is part of the United States.

Shelbyville Manhattan likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

MSNBC: Biden is now up 917 in Georgia.

12. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

If, in the end, things go as I want them to, I’ll find the most popular bar in the county next week when I’m headed to Augusta, walk in and announce, “Drinks are on me!”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.