1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

What kind of panties did she have on -- if any?

Probably half the attendees could tell you.

3. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sorry, but that last line is some old_tony, YF-level bullshit. No wonder QYFOS likes it.

It is an attempt to demonize the other side rather than make a rational argument. You are right there with the idiots who claim members of the opposing party hate America or hate one minority group or another. It's bullshit and it is exactly the kind of empty, lame rhetoric that takes this thread and political discourse in this country right down the toilet.

Criticizing someone is not the same as wanting that person to fail. I want this President Trump to succeed because I want this country to succeed. I want him to stop lying and to stop wasting time on stupid shit like the attendance at his inauguration. I want to see him make things better, but I'm not going to applaud when I think he is fucking up.

There were some folks on this site and in the world beyond it who rooted for this country to fail the last eight years just because a Democrat was in the White House, but I would never say all Republicans felt that way. Just because old_tony cheered bad things happening to this country just out of his hatred for Democrats doesn't mean I think all Republicans feel that way. Just because YF would rather root for laundry doesn't mean I think all Republicans do that.

The same is true of Democrats. There are some idiots who are so desperate for their side to win that they actually want this country to fail. Notice I call them idiots. But to say that is true of all liberals is bullshit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Not many widows are out there "ostentatious[ly] parading" their grief.

And I've never met a widow whose grief is spurious.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Succeed by what measure? His measure of success? The platform he ran on? if so, fuck that, I hope he McFails.

7. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I forgot, you're the centrist who is above the fray :rolleyes:. You lumping me in with the conservatives on this board is funny. But let's actually take a look at what you said here in the bold section.

For one, he didn't waste time on "stupid shit" during this particular speech. And, if you want to see him make things better, I think one of the focuses of his speech, improvements in infrastructure, would make things better. I'd still like to see the plan, but I think that's something that should be supported by both sides.

You should have liked those parts of the speech, no?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

LOL.

10. YankeeFan

Exactly. It's so disingenuous to say otherwise.

You might want the country to succeed in spite of the president, but don't pretend you want the president to succeed.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I didn't lump you with anybody. You claimed that liberals want him to fail. I said that statement was bullshit, just like what YF posts and just like old_tony used to do. My response was to your one comment, not you as a poster. If you didn't get that, you should have read more carefully before respondin g.

I wasn't talking about the speech, either. I was responding to one comment.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Quite right.

I'd love for him to rebuild the infrastructure of the country and the economy to roar. I also would love for him to be destroyed in a gigantic scandal — the more embarrassing and closer to Starman fanfic the better — that got him impeached.

Now that I think of it, I think this is how most Republican congressmen would like the next four years to go...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.