1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

And I have been talking about the speech since it happened. You should have read more carefully before responding.

And, for what it's worth, I absolutely don't think it's bullshit that liberals want him to fail. I'd estimate the majority of liberals want him to fail spectacularly.

da man and YankeeFan like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Translation: You can't refute a word of it, so you laugh and then do what you normally do when you have lost. You run.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ever hear the one about "Never get into a land war in Asia"? Sixteen years now and we still have not learned that the thing to do was to get in there, bust up what we needed to, and get the hell out. We can't fix what's been wrong for hundreds of years, because we can't change the culture. Eventually we'll stop expending blood and treasure, but I doubt it will be in the next four years.

You want to save some money? And military lives and high priced equipment? GTFO.

4. Neutral Corner

As opposed to giving the Russians a pipeline into White House briefings?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Your overall topic was irrelevant. You made a general statement about liberals that is bullshit and now you are doubling down on your ignorance. I understood your ridiculous point just fine the first time.

6. SnarkShark

Can we start a poll about whether people want the president to fail? I don't know how to do that.

7. SnarkShark

Ah, here we go. Not as much as I thought, but it sure as hell isn't "bullshit," dummy.

57% of Democrats Want Trump to Succeed - Rasmussen Reports™

But 57% of Democrats want Trump’s presidency to be a success. Of course, that compares to 91% of Republicans and 73% of unaffiliated voters. Twenty-six percent (26%) of voters in Hillary Clinton’s party want Trump to fail, while another 17% are undecided.

8. Neutral Corner

Depends on how you phrase and define the question. Do a lot of people hope that he is completely unable to push what he campaigned on through Congress? Sure. Do a lot of people hope that he gets caught at something impeachable? Sure. Do a lot of people want him to drive the country down the toilet and fail that way? Probably a few idiots would like that, but it's stupid as shit to want your country to go down the crapper so that you can win the next election, whether you are a Republican or a Democrat.

You would hope that people would put the country before their political party, but it does not happen in Congress where the rubber meets the road. I guess it's a little much for ordinary people, too.

lakefront likes this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That polling question is meaningless unless it includes some definition of the word "success."

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

#BoardCentrist

11. SnarkShark

I think it's abundantly clear, both in dealing with posters on here and people out in the real world, that a not-small portion of our citizens root for--let me make sure I use proper style here--"laundry" over the overall good of the country.

Agreed. Just the best thing I could find at the time.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So, Trump gets to walk on Russian ties then ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.