1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

R's now at the Supreme Court.

One more time, with feeling.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nothing like one last good hatefuck.

4. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

This is a reasonable request. You have 24 hours. Construction of the gallows begins tomorrow.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

With grizzly bears in wait.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for my anti-grizzly bear arsenal. I'm pissed that this presidency will end and I was never issued an anti-grizzly bear gun.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm not surprised but it is interesting that some are already claiming President-elect Biden doesn't have a mandate when, if the numbers hold he:
    >> Won 326 Electoral College votes, the same number former president Trump won in in 2016
    >> Will likely win 80 million popular votes, when no previous candidate had 70 million
    >> The first candidate since former president Reagan in 1984 to have won the majority of the popular votes
    >> Is still looking at a likely Democratic Senate as two races in Georgia are headed to a runoff and Dems have won every Senate race in every state Biden won
    President-elect Biden has won a historic landslide and a clear mandate to govern as he sees fit.
    The counter argument, it seems to me, is because Dems didn't win VA-5th or Texas-19th or wherever, President-elect Biden doesn't have a landslide mandate. I suppose it is worth noting that the people making these arguments are either rabid Republicans or the boomer "moderate" columnists who trot out DEMS IN DISARRAY at every opportunity.

CORRECTIONS
    Heckuva job, Brownie.

I apologize for the errors. The 326 was fat fingers, the popular vote majority was incorrectly stated and I believe it is the largest (projected) popular vote majority since Reagan in 84, I can't find the link I saw that contained that nugget, and at the time of typing, my Washington Post map still had Maine undecided because not all the congressional districts had come in. Also, Biden won Neb-2nd while Republican Ben Sasse won another term as Senator.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
  10. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

306, not 326

Each Bush once and Obama twice won a majority of the popular vote

heyabbott likes this.
  11. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

There must be voter fraud in Florida. It’s fucking Florida for god’s sake. Florida should be ineligible for Bowl play for the next 2 election cycles.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.