1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wrong as usual, fart boy.

2. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

If this happens, they need to conduct a national lottery and winners get to participate in the removal.

OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  3. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Worked for the Soviet Union's basketball team in the 1972 Olympic gold-medal basketball game against the U.S.A. It all comes back to Russia!

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

There's a weird thing happening among the hard-core MAGA morons and Qanon krew.

The secret to getting people to buy into any of that shit is being vague, right? Allude to a vast conspiracy all you want, but make sure the reveal is always just around the corner. Don't ever actually plant your flag on any event and you'll never be fully wrong.

Except they're planting their flags. The Qkrew is adamant the election and the vote counting is a sting operation. The government secretly printed the *real* ballots and included a secret watermark. Democrats didn't know this so didn't reproduce it and all their dirty tactics are about to be exposed as soon as a secret Dept. of Homeland Security taskforce springs the trip.

The only problem... we're within, what, a month of that being proven profoundly untrue, right? I mean, it's one thing to say "there are forces greater than you guiding this election." It's another thing to say "This is going to happen tomorrow." Day after tomorrow, the gig is up. (Or it should be. I'm well aware it won't be.)

People I know ADAMELTY believe this is about to happen.

And flipping over to some hardcore MAGAs I sometimes check on Twitter... they deeply, truly believe God is going to save the election for Trump. Whatever the hell that means. But, again, that's about to not happen. And then what? Surely you shrug your shoulders and say "Well, God wanted it this way instead. We're being tested or taught a lesson or something."

But it's weird to dig your heels in at all and decide THIS election is the true test of God. They're not close to making the pivot yet.

Crazy people are crazy. I know I know I know. It just feels a little different with the very specific claims that are being made.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

For all the fears of the "Boogoloo Boys" and whatever, when was the last time they actually sacrificed any hard time for their cause? Yeah they're all show packing heat at 10 am in Michigan, or in their boat parades in the afternoon, but where are they at 2 AM? If nothing else, the BLM protesters are willing to sell out because they don't have much to sacrifice, they're already at their wits end. Trumpists? Are they showing the same commitment to the cause? From my keyboard, I don't see it. They'll wave their flags but they're only doing it on their time off from their comfortable jobs. I love how the "Every Vote Counts" urban protesters are meeting the Trumpists head on and swallowing them up.

2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  6. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Trump has allies?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

To me it's not unlike those cults that swore the rapture was around the corner. Falsifiable every time, and yet they kept finding reasons to explain why they were wrong, here was the new date, etc. Technically according to their own prediction, JFK Jr. should be back from the dead, but that didn't happen...and yet by and large I'm guessing the cultists haven't wised up.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wow. That headline ought to win big at the 2020 Clickbait of the Year Awards.
    There is literally nothing of substance in the story, nor does it contain anything that remotely resembles what the headline says.

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Who is going to call the election?

garrow and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

They gathered on the mountaintop in the designated place. They waited all night, but the saucer people never came to pick them up. Now they have to walk back down the mountain and deal with all the friends and family who told them they were idiots.

At least they didn't literally drink the Jim Jones Juice.

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

Small initial batch of absentee ballots. More to come per Kornaki.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.