1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Trump has burned so many relationships, he doesn't really have a Bebe Rebozo to duck him out of the public limelight. Besides, Trump's ego wouldn't allow it. He's an attention hog. My best guess:

At first, he barricades himself at Mar-a-Lago and continues to tweet increasingly bizarre stuff until he either gets banned, his lawyers step in and close the social media account, he has a coronary or the media finally loses interest in the freak show.

At the same time, there are a lot of vengeful people with their own lawyers, willing to sue him into submission -- if he somehow escapes prosecution. In either case, he's going to be tied up with a whole lot of legal problems from the moment he steps away from immunity.

If I'm Biden, Trump falls completely off my radar as an ex-President (except for the DOJ). He gets no briefings, no visits, no perks. If he whines, tough cookies. You did squat while in office, you aren't going to suddenly get respect now. Have daily media briefings to spotlight what you're doing to fix things, which will take away air time for Trump's rants.

Can Trump continue to be the water-carrier for the GOP with all that going on? I don't know the answer. Right now, the shadow looms large: You're either pro-Trump or a RINO, and his supporters are willing to take down anybody who dares stand up to the Orange Cheeto.

My hope is that he bashes Kemp and Raffensperger so much over the next five weeks that he screws up turnout in the runoffs. GOP voters in Georgia aren't that smart in the first place, so they're receiving mixed messages because of the whole "Venezuelan voting machine-fraud-boycott so the Democrats don't steal your ID" thing. I hope Rogue Lawyer One files everything but the kitchen sink right now to continue the charade a little longer. Confusion is a beautiful thing.

Whether that remains an issue in 2022 for Republicans is all about how long The Donald remains relevant. Two years is a long time, especially the way Trump is leaving Biden with a pandemic, market bubble and a country deeply divided.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The deficit grew again.

OscarMadison, Driftwood and Gutter like this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. If it weren't for the death, racism and intolerable cruelty, the serial, amatuerish, small-time incompetence of this administration would provide such necessary entertainment in These Uncertain Times (TM).

maumann likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We shall see.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The issue before SCOTUS is whether the District Court Judge abused his discretion in disallowing Trump to amend his complaint a second time. Alito Gorsuch Thomas Kavanaugh and Amy Cultist will say he did abuse his discretion. And will award the presidency to Trump until 2024

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No. They can remand the case to the district court. They certainly can't award Trump the Presidency. 306-20 is still 286.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. heyabbott

That’s what the law says. But those Krazy Katholic Kultists, Uncle affirmative action, Beer Bret, Don Alito and Amy Coathanger will still conspire to issue a mandate to control the election.

meanwhile, the real Pope rebuffed the fake Catholics on the Supreme Court. But they are too power crazed and in a religious frenzy to even honor their own religion. Opinion | Pope Francis: A Crisis Reveals What Is in Our Hearts

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

No they can say the complaint can be amended and that's it. That's all that would be in front of them. And they likely will punt because in the grand scheme of things, it wouldn't change anything. Appeals courts and SCOTUS can only rule on what is in front of them and can't hear new evidence. They aren't trial courts.

Driftwood, garrow and maumann like this.
  9. heyabbott

I know exactly what they are supposed to do. I’m suggesting that the smallminded, cult loving morally self superior fascist-four, Bret, Amy, Clarence and Sam will not obey the law. Like their idol, Scum Scalia, they believe they are morally and intellectually superior and deserve to rule via Court Order.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How long did it take to confirm ACB, five weeks? Clarence Thomas still has enough time to retire.

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is worrisome.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

He fakes it so real he is beyond fake?

OR

He wants to be the girl with the most cake?

wicked likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.