1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He's Trump's handler!

2. YankeeFan

I guess it was a tough decision for you whether to go with that Gorka story, or this one:

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If Trump had released his taxes, as was normal for fortysome years before his election, they wouldn't be trying to figure out a way to be sure that there is nothing objectionable in there without forcing a full release.

Just release his taxes and all this stuff goes away. This is much like denying meeting with the Russians and then lying about it. People wonder what is being hidden from them, and why.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In case I missed it.

5. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

You have to love headlines (or tweets) that end in question marks.

The article isn't clear on the subject. Unnamed speculation, along with some some incomplete reporting.

“The newly established Strategic Initiatives Group, headed by White House strategist Steve Bannon, includes a unit charged with counterterrorism intelligence, current and former senior officials say. The unit is headed by White House aide and former national security analyst Sebastian Gorka, who doesn’t have appropriate clearance, they said — something the officials expressed concern about given the sensitive mandate of the unit.”

This seemed odd, so I raised the issue on Twitter to see if anyone had updated information. In response, I was told by three separate reporters that they had been unable to confirm that Gorka has a security clearance at all (at any level), although it is possible that he may have an “interim” Secret-level clearance (one level below Top Secret). To date, the White House has been non-responsive to these reporters’ inquiries.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's very reasonable. It is also stuff that was just as true the day Trump signed the order, but the compulsive liar in chief was compelled to lie about it. And naturally there were rubes who bought it.

service_gamer and heyabbott like this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yes. But maybe somebody should have thought of that before making irrational public statements as the President of the United States

9. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

Oh, I agree. But regardless of the bluster and hypocrisy, the rationale in this instance is sound and I think there are bigger hills to die on. Not that I think dixiehack was dying on the hill by posting the article, it's just my two cents on the matter.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If Trump hadn't ignored precedent and released them publicly, they wouldn't be reduced to this.

He won. What's he still scared of in releasing them now?

11. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

Here in Kansas, we just step outside to look for them anyway. Not like we pay attention to warnings.

12. YankeeFan

You didn't answer my question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.