1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Part of me honestly wants the tapp! allegations to be true, because I don't want the President of the United States to be the kind of person who would throw out such a thing without the facts to back it up.

But then, I remember who holds the office.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Possibilities
    1) No wiretapping. In this event, the sitting POTUS has lied and defamed another POTUS. Big deal.
    2) Illegal wiretapping. In this event, a previous POTUS violated the law, Nixon-style.
    3) FISA-approved wiretapping. In this event, a court found sufficient evidence of illegal activity and collusion by a private citizen with a hostile foreign nation. Big deal.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

An Oklahoma lawmaker is gunning to be YF's prom date.

Legislator issues Muslim students questions to answer including 'Do you beat your wife?'

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

7. Machine Head

Fair enough, but Trump went after Obama personally.

heyabbott likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why Favreau's post is seen as some sort of exoneration of Trump. It's like tapinto said. If Trump was tapped under a warrant granted by the FISA court, that means a judge found there was at least probable cause that a crime was committed of which Trump had knowledge of -- at a minimum. Probable cause could also mean of a crime he committed.

9. Machine Head

If there was a tapp at Trump's joint it should be brought to light and a full explanation given as to why he was the subject of a tapp.

The President opened the door with his tweets, so let it all come out so everyone can see what went on and what justification was used if he was the subject of a tapp.

10. Machine Head

I am craving tapas again.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2017
  11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I'm not sure this means what you think it means.

Webster likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Clarification: FISA court warrant granted in October was for calls by unknown foreign persons uncovered in investigation of Trump-Russia ties. If they called Trump Tower, those calls would be recorded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.