1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So true!

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

My educated guess. ... Russia (and others) will be trying to get into our government agency computer networks whoever is president. And our government will always be spotty -- from good all the way down to inept -- at stopping it regardless who is president. And that is even with us knowing they are trying.

wicked likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is very likely that anyone on this board is using more up to date and hence securable computer technology right now than the average government employee, even in national security departments, is using for their jobs.

maumann and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

They 'r' maykin' it eas'r fah people ta vote? And they's stoppin' lies onlayn? Whe'es my smellin' salts?

[​IMG]

*a thousand apologies to my Southern brethren who can actually write with a true Southern Accent. I'm trying to channel my Virginian grandmother and it doesn't translate well in type

Fred siegle likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

George Soros wins again. How does he keep,doing it?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that the attacks would have and will keep coming. What I am suggesting is that there should have been a concerted effort to secure our systems after 2016, and that because Trump was offended by any mention of it these either were not carried out with the vigor and the budget that was warranted, or that what was done was less far reaching and effective than it should have been.

Inky_Wretch and Mngwa like this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Spartan Squad, I read something the other day that many of us are reverting to our natural accents, with severely limited social interaction if any at all.
    The brain is not allowing itself to be manipulated by speech patterns of those with whom we spend the most time socially.
    A strange byproduct of lockdown life.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Mitch McConnell just admitted the King’s Speech won Best Picture Oscar.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Mitch McConnell just admitted Mookie Betts was the 2016 AL MVP.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

This is serious relationship commitment:

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure the national security aparatus does try to secure everything, including over the last 4 years, but our government is a sprawling bureaucracy of 9 million people, some not all that competent. I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians got into the Commerce Department computers by sending a phishing e-mail to Wilbur Ross.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I would not be surprised if there are agencies still using Windows ME.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.