1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

who wore it best?

Soiling_of_Old_Glory.jpg

C2_3_updated.jpg

bull-connor.jpg

2LPiW2AhIN9n_640x360.jpg

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Suddenly a bit dusty in the room.

As Washington state elector Jack Arends registered his vote for President-elect Joe Biden on Monday, his voice cracked with emotion. Then, Arends, 64, told the chamber that a doctor last month had diagnosed him with an untreatable, terminal condition.

“[In] November I was told there is no more medical treatment that can help me so it was important for me to do this one thing that I could do while I still can,” said Arends, who wore a black beret reading, “Play Nice.”

After his speech, Arends placed his microphone on the desk, crossed his arms over his face and sobbed breathlessly as another elector came to his side to comfort him.

Arends, a retired aviation industry analyst and self-described grass-roots activist living in Everett, Wash., told the Everett Herald last week that a doctor had diagnosed him with an inoperable heart valve issue just days after he was selected as one of 12 electors in the state.

Although his time is limited, Arends, a Democrat, said he made a promise to himself that he would finish his “duty.”

“I don’t know how much time I am going to have on this Earth, but I am going to make it count while I am here and that includes being an elector,” Arends told the Herald. “It’s that one last box I want to check — I am determined to check it.”

So, on Monday, dressed in a suit and using a wheelchair, Arends entered the chamber carrying two Sharpie markers to cast his vote. He had chosen a marker instead of a traditional quill pen as a rebellious act against President Trump, who has often used a marker to sign proclamations and legislations, the Herald reported.

Terminally ill Washington elector breaks down after casting Biden vote — The Washington Post

garrow, qtlaw and OscarMadison like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

'Madison Cawthorn' - sounds like a Salinger character.

If you buy the parts sold separately, maybe he will call it the Democrat Party on TV - the sickest burn of them all.

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The gallows for this Admin

9. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a conversation I had with an old friend about 8 years ago. I was making maybe $35K as a sports writer and getting that to a little over $40K with some freelance and adjunction (aka part-time second job!), and he, an orthopedic surgeon was complaining about his taxes, both at the federal level and the fairly high-tax state he was living in. He kind of let it slip how much he was getting taxed so I guessed he was pushing $1 million annually. I told him I'd gladly trade paychecks -- and taxes -- with him.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My favorite detail about Peoria Barbie's extreme Malibu Stacy home is, "actual dinosaur footprints in the kitchen floor."

Let me repeat, "actual dinosaur footprints in the kitchen floor."

Rich people man, I just don't know.

Inky_Wretch and matt_garth like this.
  12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

See, how about YOU volunteer to be part of the infected. Oh wait, you want THEM to get infected while you sit back in the cafeteria.

OscarMadison, garrow and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.