1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I had real hopes for Youtube courses allowing everyone to essentially attend high-level universities for free. In 2010-2012. Then ITunesU faltered, and companies looking to make a profit along with abbreviated videos like Ted talks watered those hopes down.

I still enjoy Yale Courses on YouTube, though.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

While we're taking out the trash, can we set a tribunal for the entire W administration, too?

champ_kind and Baron Scicluna like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

There's still a huge amount of free content online from great schools. Check services like Coursera.

Free Online Courses | Coursera

Or you can just Google 'Yale free online' or 'Harvard free online' etc., and browse.

Courses | Open Yale Courses

Free Online Courses

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I can't see the NYSE not have approving the IMC deal, even though there may have been concerns about further consolidation in market making on the floor. But I strongly suspect it was a rubber stamp with or without a donation. $2 million to Ken Griffin is the equivalent of $20 to most people. This smells more like him either contributing because him and Jeff Sprecher are thick as thieves, or maybe it is the kind of money he spreads around constantly for future considerations.

One peeve. If you are going to tweet like you found a smoking gun, at least have a clue about the details you are writing about. Sprecher doesn't "own" the NYSE. He's the chairman of (and he founded) the ICE, which owns the NYSE. The ICE is a publicly traded company. Any of us can be the "owner" of NYSE.

EDIT: It would be surprising if Ken Griffin wasn't making contributions to Kelly Loefler. He has become very wealthy nicking pennies off of financial transactions. The biggest threat to what he does is regulation, including the kinds of financial transaction taxes that Joe Biden and other democrats have talked about. Of course he doesn't want their party to take the Senate.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Frankly, the Republican Party as a whole should never have been forgiven for the Iraq War.

The fact that Dems still don't bring that up to them whenever the GOP whines about anything is terrible.

OscarMadison and swingline like this.
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Kelly Loeffler reminds me of Brick's girlfriend in "The Middle."

MTM likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

She reminds me of every long haired woman/girl who thought and acted like they were a 10 when they were only a 5.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

She reminds me of the high-school bowheads, many of whom later married vaguely criminal much older men

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

DO NOT CONGRATULATE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.