1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Seat them, so they can’t accuse you of something something who knows what. But then censure any of them who vote against recognizing the results. If any of the censured reps take any action that even has a whiff of sowing dissent, try and expel them.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

When I pointed out to one Trumper that thry've had plenty of chances to present their evidence in court, he told they weren't.

He said it's like "traffic court where they bang the gavel before you can even open your mouth. "

I've never been in traffic court. While I imagine they do need to move things along quickly, they do give you a chance to make your case, am I right?

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I was in traffic court in Coxsackie. One of the best experiences before a judge with a sense of humor.

4. Smallpotatoes

How much time did the judge give you?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Remember when proto-Trumpists railed against the "everybody gets a trophy" approach? Well, everybody gets an inauguration!

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No. They're traitors. Expel them from Congress with a recommendation that the Justice Dept. prosecute them. This is war. Let them know what that means.

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Forget that. Their actions have consequences. If they're that steadfast in refusing to acknowledge Joe Biden as the President-elect, why should anyone acknowledge their offices? After all, they're the one groaning and carrying on about rigged elections. Based on that logic, their offices are rigged, too.

It's funny how the party of "f_ck your feelings" is now clutching pearls.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The best people!

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gently let them know the penalty for attempting to overthrow the government is death. Make it clear there could be some "shot to death resisting arrests" in the process.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Several times I’ve been to traffic court. It’s typically a cattle call. One judge explained to all of us that the prosecutor was there to offer plea bargains in exchange for our guilty pleas, and that we all could plead not guilty and go to trial, but there were about 100 of us and each trial would take an hour. All of us took the plea.

The funny one is when you get to plea guilty to “parking on pavement”. Like, what else would we be parking on? On the bright side, it’s not considered a moving violation, so there isn’t any points put on our license.

One time, my case literally took about 20 seconds. They asked me if I understood that I was pleading guilty to the reduced charge. I said I did, and the judge fined me whatever the fine was. The case started when I stood up from
    where I was sitting and ended as I was walking out. I never even stopped moving during my “case”.

11. Smallpotatoes

I take it what happened in the Trump lawsuits is nothing like that.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Happy Holidays to everyone on this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.