1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And Newsom gets to play kingmaker. He gets to appoint a new SOS. If Feinstein finally packs it in, I don't remember CA politics if he appoints her replacement if they get to finish out the term (2024) or two elections in 2022.

Either way, there is a 0.5 percent chance Republicans win one or both of those seats. I'd need to do some digging to see the last time an R won a statewide race in CA. Arnold?

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

How does that go, "Don't threaten me with a good time?"

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Or the corrupt prime minister

wicked likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

King of Kong: Fistful of Quarters is one of the best documentaries ever made.

It's also not so far off from the doings of the last 4 years.

Give yourself 90 minutes:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
    swingline, UNCGrad and TowelWaver like this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I got my Atari around 1982 also. First game was Combat.

One of the rarest Atari games is Birthday Mania, which according to this article, may be worth between $15,000-$35,000. I swear that I had this game at some point and never played it because it looked boring and dorky. I think I kept it on a pile of junk in my room, and a couple of times, my parents asked if I would give it away to some other kid, and I’m pretty sure they finally did just that. Oh well.

Birthday Mania (found rare Atari 2600 game; 1984) - The Lost Media Wiki

TowelWaver likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Arnold 2006 was indeed the last time. Any Republican of substance in California is content to run within their safe havens. Anyone running since has either been not well enough known or a crack pots (I'm looking your direction Meg Whitman)

7. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Love that movie, and yes, worth a rewatch. I actually learned from it too (how to get past the elevator screens, which are the bane of any DK player). Since the movie, Billy Mitchell has been banned from the leaderboards for trying to pass off his scores from PC arcade emulators as ones gained on actual hardware. (To keep this from becoming a complete threadjack, Billy Mitchell can be thought of as the classic gaming equivalent of Trump, complete with attendant cult of personality and underhanded attempts to keep himself at the top).

UNCGrad likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trump and Billy Mitchell in the same room would be fun to watch.

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had that game too. Spent many hours playing with it when my Mom would drag me to a store. Also loved this one:

upload_2020-12-22_18-56-46.png

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

One of the greatest SNL sketches ever, I found myself humming the songs earlier this week and had to watch it again. Just genius and hasn't aged a day.

11. Spartan Squad

Poor people more comfortable? Call up The Hague: Democrats really are committing crimes against humanity. How dare poor people get comfortable.

12. Spartan Squad

Blessed are those who hunger, you provide more for the rich to eat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.