1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I wonder if dropping the atom bomb or actually landing on the moon would have been left to the states to finish up. LOL

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

With Hawley announcing he’s going there, a serious question: What if the Trumpists had won back the House? So far, only Hawley and (maybe) Dumberville have indicated objection, but I suspect that’s because others know the Democrats’ control of the House makes the Senate vote moot. If the Trumpists had both chambers, they’d totally upend the collective will of a 155,000,000 electorate and that of a 538-member electoral college.

3. goalmouth

When you run out of bridges...

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Oh, come on now. You still expect the Trump Administration to take responsibility for anything? Next you'll be telling me he's gonna act presidential, the greatest health care plan is ready and the first load of concreted has been poured for Infrastructure Week!

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. goalmouth

The WaPo really is the enemy of the people

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess I can work for the WaPo editorial board. :rolleyes:

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. goalmouth

Hawley LOL. And they call Democrats snowflakes...

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OK, but are you good enough to work for the Plain Dealer?

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Republicans can only see up until the Mission Accomplished party, and never think about what happens one minute afterward.

If they truly accomplished an overturn of a presidential election, especially one where their guy had SEVEN million fewer votes that the other guy, do they really think that everyone's going to just shrug their shoulders and say wait till 2024? Are they going to hold another beer bash on the White House lawn and celebrate an overturned election? They would be lucky if mobs didn't show up at the White House with torches and pitchforks.

Driftwood, qtlaw and garrow like this.
  10. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Bringing this one back just because.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. goalmouth

Imagine the worst people proving at the worst possible moment they are still the worst people imaginable.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  12. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

This asshole's decision will have two impacts: 1) Force both chambers to meet for 2 whole hours to discuss the issue; and 2) Force Senate Republicans to go on record on whether they believe in holding elections or not. I'd guess >50% in #2 vote for dictatorship instead.

TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.