1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

From the same link...

Kentucky has 13 of the “top” 50 poorest counties by median, which is probably a better way to see how broke-assed where you live is.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's quite laughable when the GOP says that tax cuts for the rich are giving them back THEIR taxpayer money, but if the lower classes are given back $2,000 of THEIR money, they're just lazy moochers looking for a guvmint handout.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I "worked" them to align with what Bernie Sanders alleged. If he'd said "X out of 50," I would have used 50.

And yes, 2, not 1. Kind of hard to read those little flags.

But not 10 out of 25, no matter how you slice it.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Back in 2000 I thought the country would come apart at the seems - but both Bush and Gore did an outstanding job of at least publically, supporting "the system." (Insert snarky joke of your own here). But right now? COVID relief hanging in the balance, the Senate hanging in the balance, sitting Senators plotting to overturn the election, (I kind of preferred it when transitions were boring).
    Of course Hawley is only doing it for 2024, but the guy needs to be slapped down. If the GOP loses/ties the Senate, good luck organizing/uniting the party the way things are right now.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Gov. Sununu of New Hampshire, a Republican, has canceled his outdoor inauguration for Jan. 1. (he was easily re-elected) because of the likelihood of armed anti-mask protestors at the event. One such sweetheart was recently arrested in the governor's back yard. He could have said, anybody packing at this event will be blown away by the state police, or, better yet, he could have said we need to repeal New Hampshire's open carry law, but of course, he thinks that's a great law. What a chump.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Hawley is full Trump. He’s doing this to KO potential rivals in ‘24. Either indulge Trump’s fantasies and vote for the end of democracy — or not.

I’ll bet Mitch calls for a voice vote so there’s no record of senators’ traitorous votes.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Leadership.

10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Dick Morris got kicked off Fox News?

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.