1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, they're not wrong about the amount of people who have no need for the money getting it. I don't need it. I got it. There has to be a better way than just blindly giving everyone who makes less than 75K a year stimulus money.

BTExpress and wicked like this.
  3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Moscow Mitch doesn’t want to help the little people. Can’t have that.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yeah, really should restrict it to those who voted the right way. ;)

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Ooooo that reporter is gonna get a real talkin' to when he gets back to Fix headquarters.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Just because someone may have been able to stay employed during the pandemic does not mean they escaped financial hardship.

An increase in heating/cooling/electricity bills from being home more, an increase in childcare costs with the kids home more, required technology purchases or upgrades to be able to work/learn from home, a change in grocery consumption/takeout frequency, etc. could all lead to tighter wallets.

Plus, let's be real - most Americans are already underpaid. A little hazard pay for surviving this hellscape isn't the worst financial decision this country has made.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Means testing takes time and hurts the people who actually need help. Plus, do you want the Republican Party in any way involved with said means testing?

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fair points.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The BTExpress pandemic budget. YMMV.

Not paying $40/month to park at a hotel a half mile from our office.
    Not paying $40/month for gas to and from work.
    50% less wear and tear on the car in general.
    7.5 fewer hours/week spent having to commute to and from office. Time is money, too.
    Less going out --- and spending money --- in general.
    AND my company --- which went into and came out of bankruptcy in 2020 --- is paying $50/month stipends to account for "more heating/cooling/technology upgrades." Why not? They're not paying rent anymore.
    I upgraded my internet --- and somehow my bill DECREASED $15/month. :eek: Maybe it's a promotional rate. I thought it was supposed to increase by $4.

As I said, YMMV. However, last spring there was an entire "COVID adaptation" thread on here where people were talking about all the money they were saving.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The way some GOPers are acting - I'm guessing the 2024 primary has already begun. The thing is, there will only be one Trump lane in the primary after the first four primaries, and the guy who is currently using it in the Oval, may take it for himself. But I get it - this is the last chance they'll have to prove/show their Trump cred.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.