1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Finally … a political leader with a platform we can all support.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didn’t he have a big NYE party planned at Mar A Lago where supporters were paying big bucks to get in?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, @ $1,000 per head. Surprise, surprise, they got burned and his grift rakes in more cash. Do I feel sorry for them? Not in the least. Stupid is as stupid does.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This may indeed be the best way for us to enjoy the end of the year.

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Driftwood, HanSenSE and Mngwa like this.
  7. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

If sasse, murkowski. Collins, toomey, Romney and any other not totally lunatic republicans were politically astute they would form a third “Republican lite” party that could control the senate by working with whichever party they agree with on a given issue. It would isolate the trumpists to the point where their supporters would be pissed at them because there’s little they can do.
    Short run it’s overall bad for republicans, but in the long run they need to isolate the trumpists to make them insignificant. It will take time, but meanwhile they have all the power.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Crap I just posted the same thing.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No no no.

This needs to be fuckin stomped on right away.

Fatfuck did not have "some good ideas but presented them wrong," etc etc. You aren't demonstrating your openness to ideas, yah yah yadda yadda bullshit," by picking out something of his to praise.

And I don't give a flaming jack fuck if your niece is in it. And I especially don't give a jack fuck if it "sounds cool," that's exactly the kind of infantile horny junior-high-school rationale Fatfuck used to make the big decisions.

Nobody's more in support of NASA than me. Quintuple the budget for NASA if you want (take it straight out of the department of defense).

Space operations are not supposed to be militarized. We are party to several treaties that say so. What military activities we have involving space were being perfectly well handled by a division of the Air Force. And can be again once Biden shuts it down.

Most of all, the drum has to be pounded at Keith Moon volume: Everything Fatfuck did was fucking idiotic and Biden is gonna blow it all out of there with a rocket powered flamethrower.

He can't get that underway by saying, "oh gee wait, actually this here was a pretty good idea."

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
    Hooray4snail and Mngwa like this.
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

You added Senators I was not aware of. Throw in Toomey and Murkowski to the three I named and you've got a very powerful subset. And you're not beholden to McConnell, you can dictate to him, or to Shumer, if they want.

Toomey is retiring in two years. Collins and Sasse just got re-elected so they are safe until 2026 and Romney is safe until 2024. Not sure when Murkowski is up to run again but she has proven she can be elected as an independent. They have nothing to lose, and much to gain, by disassociating themselves with Hawley, Cruz, Rubio, Graham and the other top GOP Senate slimeballs, and a lightweight like Kelly Loeffler, who isn't even qualified to be president of her sorority.

HanSenSE and Fred siegle like this.
  11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Democrats would then be beholden to those eight senators to get anything done.

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

DINO Joe Manchin would join as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.