1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

You’re always beholden. If the Dems win the runoffs, Manchin becomes the most powerful senator.

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

As opposed to right now when they can get how much done, exactly?

Fred siegle and Hermes like this.
  3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I know this is not a parliamentary system, but I imagine there would have to be some agreement between the Ds and this new grouping of senators on what is and isn't getting to the floor.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It may be only real way to break this awful two-party system we have, though. A grassroots third party will never get traction. A small subset in power that force negotiation and give and take in a coalition-building system similar to Europe might be a step forward.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Democrats would be in the majority, and at least could force votes on bills and make the GOP take a stand on issues, like a straight up or down on the $2k stimulus, instead of having McConnell let them off the hook by not even calling for a vote.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

They need to be tried for treason.

Sarah Silverman can shut her whore mouth right now. I can't believe I liked her.

Driftwood likes this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Silverman thinks she's being provocative and contrarian by picking out one pet project of Fatfuck to support.
    Allow me to mansplain: Sorry, sweetie, you're wrong. Total warfare. There is nothing proposed by Fatfuck worthy of support. Nothing. Anything and everything he did must be wiped off the earth. Break out the flamethrowers.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Story from January we missed?

10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How has no one in D.C. punched him in the face? And then refused to stop? He has a John Kreese-like face that deserves regular ass-kickings.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can see the Mar-A-Lago Invite now.
    "President Trump will not be appearing in tonight's show, our special guest host will be Sean Hannity!"
    And don't forget - special appearances by:
    The Pardoned Six! (feat. those Blackwater murderers).
    The Singing Former Press Secretaries (Sean, Sarah and Kayleigh, and Stephanie)
    Kyle Rittenhouse!
    That chick with the Trump tattoo from Sturgis.
    A special seance conducted by Kirstie Alley with special guest Herman Cain.
    And an All-Star jam with Kid Rock, Scott Baio and Dennis Quaid's band.

Special note: Due to Covid concerns, masks will be available - (for losers).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.