1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Bring on DC statehood.

garrow and Machine Head like this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

With a day to soak it in...

I’m glad the Republicans fucking lost. I voted Bush, Dole, Bush, Bush, McCain, Romney and wrote in Romney in 2016 before voting for Biden.

I hope the last five years show that you can’t be a lying dick to people and you should be punished for backing people like that.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

There’s so much underlying those two races. Would be ana amazing case study for a college political course.

maumann likes this.
  4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

This is another reason I don't understand indulging Trump from a strategy standpoint. I get the value of retaining voters who didn't used to vote. But you're never gonna be Trump, even if you embrace all the bullshit. And in embracing the bullshit you turn off sane people. It's not a winning play.

maumann, TowelWaver and Hermes like this.
  5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

So the great love affair between Donald and Pence ends today.

So sad.

Like Ian says in the intro, this is how it goes:

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Only took you, what, 30 years to see right from wrong.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nah.

Some places will be less habitable. Some places will be more habitable. Humans adapt.

High temperature in Yakutsk today is minus-44. :)

Hermes likes this.
  8. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

God, this is so laughable. Yeah, it's all Trump's fault. If only they could've done something about that. The GOP is so fucking stupid: Several Senate Republicans point finger at Trump over Georgia loss

A senior Republican official involved in both Georgia Senate races says of Trump:

"Not since General Sherman has one man done as much damage, to as many people, in as little time. No one in the history of our country turns out voters like Donald Trump. The problem is, the overwhelming majority of them vote against him and anyone loosely affiliated with him."

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I really think that if there was only one runoff (even if the Dems has taken the other on 11/3), the GOP wins either race. Both Ossoff and Warnock helped the other.

Of course if Trump had conceded and these races were run as “don’t let the Dems control everything” I think that the GOP sweeps. The shitshow sandwich of baseless voter fraud which the candidates refused to disavow pissed off the anti-Trump voter who might have been inclined to vote GOP.

cyclingwriter2 and Hermes like this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Bought the ticket, took the ride.

Fuck 'em.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

If they believed that for one sec0nd, they would've dumped Donald in 2016. But theyt didn't.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.